With that PC you are starting about 3 years behind. Will it run better then what you have already? Maybe...depending what you have.
1. No mention of the speed of the FSB. Probably 800mhz, new PCs have 2 Ghz.
2. No mention of RAM speeds. Probably PC3200, new PCs are like 5400 or something.
3. No mention of a video card...vital.
4. Only 512 Mb of RAM. Sure, you can slap another 512 or 1024 module in there - but by that time you're better off buying a more recent PC with a gig of RAM included...duo core processor....etc
5. 40 Gig drive is on the weak side these days.
6. 2.8 ghz 3 years ago compared to today is a huge difference. This processor is weak.
7. AGP only, new hardware/PCs are PCI-E. A true sign that you would be starting 3 years behind on this one.
8. DVD burners are common place now, don't settle for a CD-RW only.
9. 30 day warranty is crap.
10. For marginally more you can get a 17-19" LCD included on other packages/deals.
11. I'd buy this model refurbed as it is, for 100 maybe.
12. Ah, it does mention video. Audio/video intergrated. Chances are the video also shares RAM. That means if it can suck up 128MB RAM, your 512 all of a sudden is 128MB smaller. Unacceptable IMHO. Also, shared memory video performance is extremely poor.
13. IDE HDD, SATA is the standard now...again, 3 y/o tech.
I'd really pass on this and get something more modern. This is like upgrading from a 1977 model car to a 1985 model car...when it is 2006.
My '03 Sold.