? on MP3 players - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

? on MP3 players

Can I ues any MP3 player on a Mac. or dose it have to be i-pod. I went to Best Buy and was about to buy a samsung MP3 player but the sale's man told me it wouldn't work on a apple comp. Do I have to buy a i-pod in order to use it on my Mac or can the samsung work fine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Army Strong

Should work just fine. Just download the correct software. I use an I-pod on my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
There are two kinds of people in this world son, those that jerk off and those that lie about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Weird, cuz I'd rather be out on the streets sucking dick for crack than working!
http://www.phoenixtears.ca/ Cancer cure.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thta's what got me thinking b/c all of my boys have i-pod's and they download form a pc. What would be the difference if I was using a samsung on a Mac.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:57 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Yeah, it should work fine, it just won't work with the iTunes Music Store (because the music is encoded in AAC format, which currently only iPods use).

If you're going to get music from another service, or otherwise, all you should have to do is plug in the player, and use whatever software is needed to load the songs (unless it allows for drag & drop loading)

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

thanks guys
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Get an Ipod.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 09:36 PM
600 plus a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Get an Ipod.

yes, if you like things that break all the time, are a bad design and have such proprietary service it takes weeks to get the fuckers back when they are worked on

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleRocket
yes, if you like things that break all the time, are a bad design and have such proprietary service it takes weeks to get the fuckers back when they are worked on
Hmmm, never had a problem with mine... The design I think is great, it's the most compact 30-60 gig video/mp3 player around.

Porprietary service? No, there's programs out there you can use other than Itunes to connect to your ipod to transfer music/video/etc to and from your ipod. One is called Anapod, and it's what I use. Never sent mine in for service, so not sure about that. But with the free video convertors out there it's awesome to keep a couple of full movies on the ipod for trips/poker/etc...

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 09:16 AM
600 plus a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
Hmmm, never had a problem with mine... The design I think is great, it's the most compact 30-60 gig video/mp3 player around.

Porprietary service? No, there's programs out there you can use other than Itunes to connect to your ipod to transfer music/video/etc to and from your ipod. One is called Anapod, and it's what I use. Never sent mine in for service, so not sure about that. But with the free video convertors out there it's awesome to keep a couple of full movies on the ipod for trips/poker/etc...

Service, as in getting that shit fixed. You are lucky that you havent had a problem because I see so many of them returned or sent off for service each day I could never bring myself to purchase one.

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Lifer

I had a 30gig Ipod for over a year and the only problem I had was when I left it in my truck overnight and we had a freeze. I went to start my truck the next morning and the iPod didnt want to turn on. Just let it sit for a sec and it turned on before I made it 3 blocks down the road. It probably still works good but I wouldnt know thanks to gawd damn thieves
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 01:15 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleRocket
Service, as in getting that shit fixed. You are lucky that you havent had a problem because I see so many of them returned or sent off for service each day I could never bring myself to purchase one.
My guess is most are sent off for battery replacement... and I would guess it's probably 3rd gen and earlier models, possibly even some 4th gen models. And that's to be expected, the batteries only last for so many recharges (as all batteries) before they start to wear out. When they wear out, you have the option of sending it in to get it replaced, or replacing it yourself. Not too terribly difficult if you have "The Tool". http://www.ipodbattery.com/ ... batteries up to 4th gen for around $16.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:14 PM
600 plus a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
My guess is most are sent off for battery replacement... and I would guess it's probably 3rd gen and earlier models, possibly even some 4th gen models. And that's to be expected, the batteries only last for so many recharges (as all batteries) before they start to wear out. When they wear out, you have the option of sending it in to get it replaced, or replacing it yourself. Not too terribly difficult if you have "The Tool". http://www.ipodbattery.com/ ... batteries up to 4th gen for around $16.
most i see come back are locked HDDs (that will not unlock), crashed or otherwise dead IPODS.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Over a year on my 60 gig and it's perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement