I can't get DFWStangs at home! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I can't get DFWStangs at home!

I moved recently and went from Cable to DSL and now I can't get DFWStangs at home. I have turned off my security, pop up blockers and everything my non-computer geek brain knows how to do. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this site back to my home computer?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

DFWStangs does not exist outside of the corporate world. I thought everyone knew that?
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Hey, I thought I once visited it while I was at home.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Never settle always excel

Your internet doesn't like you!
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Your internet doesn't like you!

I guess not, but no one has any solutions.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Psycho Pilot Racing

you are not the only one...i have SBC dsl and I cant get it anymore....it used to work i did not change anything...now it no worky.......i have tried everything.....o well

**Disclaimer: Opinions cited by me are not necessarily my opinions.
Facts cited by me are not necessarily facts.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra93teal
you are not the only one...i have SBC dsl and I cant get it anymore....it used to work i did not change anything...now it no worky.......i have tried everything.....o well
Well I won't worry about it then. I am definitely getting a ton of work done on my house now!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Mustang_GT Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra93teal
I have SBC Yahoo DSL & I can get on DFW Stangs! It freezes up some times but other than that, I can get on here
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned

Do you have any P2P sharing programs. Most of them have web browsing capabilities. I remember when my work banned the site, I just went to it through Morpheus or whatever I had at the time.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

It started working tonight for the first time. Damn Al Gore and his internet!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Psycho Pilot Racing

mine went on and off for awhile.....then stopped all together....but i have not tried for a few days...

**Disclaimer: Opinions cited by me are not necessarily my opinions.
Facts cited by me are not necessarily facts.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 03:55 AM
Punk Ass Bitch

I've got SBC dsl at home and can't get on dfwstangs there either. I normally use firefox but have also tried I.E. with no luck.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 04:19 AM

I've got sbc dsl w/ the same exact problem for more than a month now. I have come to the conclusion that a batch of our ip's have been banned. I sent the evil one an e-mail, but have had no response. I can use it anywhere but at home, and i can access it w/ an anonymizer. If you get a response from him, let him know it is almost all people w/ sbc dsl.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

I was able to get it for one day, but now it is unavailable again. I am going to call SBC customer service and ask them what is going on, but I bet they will blame the site, not their service.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Time Served

i have had the same problem for about 4 months i hope you figure something out because I didnt get any help.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake
I've got sbc dsl w/ the same exact problem for more than a month now. I have come to the conclusion that a batch of our ip's have been banned. I sent the evil one an e-mail, but have had no response. I can use it anywhere but at home, and i can access it w/ an anonymizer. If you get a response from him, let him know it is almost all people w/ sbc dsl.
I dont think it's IP blocking. I am having this same problem from my home in Las Vegas. I can ping, and tracert the dns, both via the name and the direct IP. There is no loss anywhere along the way with either service. So, i called my ISP, and discussed it with them. They claim that somewhere along the line, someone is using a normally private IP (192.168.x.x and on) on the public side of the network, screwing things up. Now, i was kind of stoned during the talk i had with them, but that's what i took from it. They claim that whoever along the way is using the private IP's publicly, is the one causing this problem.

I've had to resort to using an anonymous proxy to surf, but it doesn't allow me to post.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz
I dont think it's IP blocking. I am having this same problem from my home in Las Vegas. I can ping, and tracert the dns, both via the name and the direct IP. There is no loss anywhere along the way with either service. So, i called my ISP, and discussed it with them. They claim that somewhere along the line, someone is using a normally private IP (192.168.x.x and on) on the public side of the network, screwing things up. Now, i was kind of stoned during the talk i had with them, but that's what i took from it. They claim that whoever along the way is using the private IP's publicly, is the one causing this problem.

I've had to resort to using an anonymous proxy to surf, but it doesn't allow me to post.

Weird, something is screwed up. Yeah, i'm using an "anonymizer" to access this site, it allows me to post though. It slows everything down though, the program I think is called "TOR", it allows you to enable and disable it by clicking just a button in an open browser. And you can run it alone w/ out privoxy.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Punk Ass Bitch

Anyone else have some ideas on what we could do to fix this?
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Warden

send me your IP addresses that are reported from here. I have a pretty good idea what is going on.

www.myipaddress.com
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Time Served

thats wierd i have sbc dsl and i can come here with no problem
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
send me your IP addresses that are reported from here. I have a pretty good idea what is going on.

www.myipaddress.com
Unless something has been changed, it works for me now. I will go ahead and PM you my I.P. addy just in case you need it.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 PM

i still can't get it from home, but have the feeling it's something on my DSLAM needing a rebuild.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Soon after Chris posted the site started working at my house.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I was able to get it for one day, but now it is unavailable again. I am going to call SBC customer service and ask them what is going on, but I bet they will blame the site, not their service.
If they blame it on the site, which I highly doubt is at fault, then call back a few times. You'll fuck up their FCR and hit em in the pocket book, and they'll find you a resolution. Try clearing all your TIFs, Cookies, and history, set all security settings back to default and try. If you're using SBC's Security Suite, disable it, that firewall is SHIT. I was getting 11kbps with it on and 2.9 Mbps without it.

1992 SHO MTX
Under Construction...
White/Black/White

1992 SHO MTX
My first SHO, and always my favorite. Totaled at less than 9 MPH. Dynomax Bullets, chip'd, Tokicos, and a few other goodies. Official parts car.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 03:38 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

I think Chris is blocking people or ranges of ip addresses. I do not think it is on purpose. Good luck.

post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

Recontruct your dns and flash your IP system.

that should fix it.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 06:46 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
Recontruct your dns and flash your IP system.

that should fix it.

I've been networking for years, and I have an IT-CNS degree and I've never heard that shit before. Reconstructing DNS yeah, but flashing IP system? You could do a Lease Renew but that's about it. If you wanna check and see if it's a DNS issue, get the IP for this site through tracert/ping and access it that way. If it pulls up VIA IP then it's most likely DNS, and is more likely the CO or DNS server in the area, but a browser reinstall, modem replacement is about all you can do locally, but I doubt it's that simply because it's a BUNCH of people.

1992 SHO MTX
Under Construction...
White/Black/White

1992 SHO MTX
My first SHO, and always my favorite. Totaled at less than 9 MPH. Dynomax Bullets, chip'd, Tokicos, and a few other goodies. Official parts car.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 07:17 AM
dead

my friend's still doesnt work. oh well, thats his problem.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 07:52 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferendon
I've been networking for years, and I have an IT-CNS degree and I've never heard that shit before.
Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony[1] -- stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's amazing" to mean "that's awful". It is used in a humorous manner, often harshly, and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words. Use of sarcasm is sometimes viewed as an expression of concealed anger[2] or cynicism.

post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian

Quote:
I've been networking for years, and I have an IT-CNS degree and I've never heard that shit before. Reconstructing DNS yeah, but flashing IP system? You could do a Lease Renew but that's about it. If you wanna check and see if it's a DNS issue, get the IP for this site through tracert/ping and access it that way. If it pulls up VIA IP then it's most likely DNS, and is more likely the CO or DNS server in the area, but a browser reinstall, modem replacement is about all you can do locally, but I doubt it's that simply because it's a BUNCH of people.
You sure you know about networking? Most people that are CISSP are in the know about what i'm talking about, but clearly I am over your head.

or Did your mommy buy you a puter for xmas?

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 10:24 AM
Time Served

LoL
I've never had a store bought computer, and never had anything computer related bought by my mom or anyone else for that matter. No need to insult my intelligence, and if that's how I came off previously, I apologize. I've never heard of flashing an IP or anything to that affect.

But have fun figuring it out, no one as of yet has yielded any results for the majority, just a couple of fluke happenings. I, fortunately, can access the site from home or work. My computer may be old, but I never have any problems with it. Regardless of what you know, I'm more than capable with a computer and don't need people talking shit. I deal with enough of that shit at work.

1992 SHO MTX
Under Construction...
White/Black/White

1992 SHO MTX
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Googlist-Wikipedian

Quote:
LoL
I've never had a store bought computer, and never had anything computer related bought by my mom or anyone else for that matter. No need to insult my intelligence, and if that's how I came off previously, I apologize. I've never heard of flashing an IP or anything to that affect.

But have fun figuring it out, no one as of yet has yielded any results for the majority, just a couple of fluke happenings. I, fortunately, can access the site from home or work. My computer may be old, but I never have any problems with it. Regardless of what you know, I'm more than capable with a computer and don't need people talking shit. I deal with enough of that shit at work.

Lol, im just messing with ya.

abecx edited my post

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
Did your mommy buy you a puter for xmas?
Vintage Hackers quote, 5 points.

I've tried tracert'ing the site and get no losses @ 17 hops.. and i still can't log on from home.

anyone?
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 04:40 PM
3rd shift sloucher

Who is youre ISP ? If its road runner they are horrible about flushing DNS caches at the ns box's give. me youre home provider, and youre work provider and ill do a Tracert from there.. (I work for "The Planet" i have ALL major OC backbones )
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 04:46 PM

At home we have SBC DSL im pretty sure, no idea about work were IBM and have a lot of lines coming in for our ~100 servers on site.

props on teh pat green, im rockin' out to the Dancehall Dreamer album on my mp3 player @ work right now
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 06:04 PM
3rd shift sloucher

ill take a check on tuesday, and see if we have any ticket items for DNS issues, I havent seen any, what error at work are you getting? 404? or a forbidden? any idea

as for SBC not able to IDK i have SBC at my mothers house and I installed a router over there not to long ago and every thing was fine.

id try

ipconfig /flushdns
and see if maybe you got a bunk DNS entry possibly.

try to ping just 70.84.246.84 see if it will let you
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSk
ill take a check on tuesday, and see if we have any ticket items for DNS issues, I havent seen any, what error at work are you getting? 404? or a forbidden? any idea

as for SBC not able to IDK i have SBC at my mothers house and I installed a router over there not to long ago and every thing was fine.

id try

ipconfig /flushdns
and see if maybe you got a bunk DNS entry possibly.

try to ping just 70.84.246.84 see if it will let you

no errors at work.. it's all at home. I get a server unreachable, page can't be found error. tracert bounces 17 times from me to the dfwstangs server with 0% loss, but when i http into the page or the IP, nothing.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Gone but never forgotten

halo/horns had the exact same problem! You should pm her and find out what her ISP had to do to free up the site for them at home.

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement