Viewsonic VX2025WM - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Viewsonic VX2025WM

A couple of weeks back, Fry's had a sale on Samsung 19" wide screen monitors ($179 after rebate) so I jumped on one. The resolution was decent and it had a 8ms refresh rate.

Just one problem, the damn thing gave me a headache. Now perhaps it was just the settings and I could have adjusted for that, but at about that time, Circuit City had a one day sale on the ViewSonic VX2025VM 20.1" wide screen monitor.

This baby has a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 8ms response, 1680 x 1050 resolution, and just damn good looks. The picture is friggin breathtaking. I spent an entire morning downloading widescreen wallpapers.

I attached the monitor to my Dell laptop which has a 15" 1680x1050 widescreen display and set it up for dual monitors. I then installed UltraMon to control both displays. UltraMon lets you do things like haveing different wallpapers on for each display, putting buttons on the window title bar so you can easily span the window across monitors, or switch monitors in a click. If anyone else has a utility like this to recommend, please do, but so far, UltraMon kicks ass.

As for the ViewSonic, I highly recommend. I got mine for $309 at CC. I ordered it through the website and got local pickup in Plano. There is an additional $50 Rebate on it if you buy it with a PC or a notebook. The website has a link for the rebate.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:16 AM
duh...duh....duh

Thanks for the tip on the Ultramon. I am going to try it out. I usually just used multiple PCs with their own monitors, but am trying to consolidate my PCs so I'm using dual monitors. Right now I don't have any recommendations, but when I do I'll let you know. Again, thanks for the tip!

My '03 Sold.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

A pic just to show how big this thing is when compared to my laptop. The laptop has a 15" wide screen with 1680x1050 resolution, so it matches the resolution of the 20.1inch monitor. Yes, I'm running dual screens, UltraMon lets you have separate wallpaper on each screen.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Gunga galunga

I believe that the actual LCD panel is the same that is used in the DELL 20" wide screen and the Apple 20" wide screen. i know those two are the same panel.

But yeah I still say my 20" dell is one of the best thing i've ever bought for my computer. I'm glad to see the 1680x1050 16:10 aspect ratio is become pretty much standard for wide screen now.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

The refresh rate on the Dell is double that of the Viewsonic.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 10:25 AM
fuckcanada

what sucks is that i bought the VA1912wb (19in widescreen) one week before Viewsonic released the 20 inch widescreen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement