Crysis for PC (by far the best physics engine ever in a game) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Talking Crysis for PC (by far the best physics engine ever in a game)

Not sure if any of you have heard of the game coming out called "Crysis" for the PC but it is easily the best physics engine ever made. If you shoot any tree anywhere on the truck it falls from that point. The same people that made Far Cry are making this game.
It should be coming out around 1/1/07

Here is a very very good video of the game play.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...03475&q=crysis

5 minutes in he starts mowing the entire forest down with a mounted gun. Sooo awesome!!
The land is so detailed if the enemy drops a gun you might not see where its at in the leaves or grass.
Everything is effected by real physics.

Here are 8 teaser pics.

Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Murcielago exhaust set up, Hydratech Hydraboost.
ILLUSION Website
--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Time Served

Thats Far Cry:Instincts isnt it? That game is awesome.
What game is that lol I want to know so I can go buy it I have a 6600 geforce....can handle almost anything.

myspace.com/mustangkidd

Last edited by coolmustang; 06-22-2006 at 12:33 PM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmustang
Thats Far Cry:Instincts isnt it? That game is awesome.
No its called Crysis. The same people that made Far Cry. Its not out until next year. Watch the video if you get a chance. Nothing out even close to the detail this game has. You can shoot any tree in the game and it will fall down. If it falls on anyone they will die including yourself. You can destroy anything in the game.

383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Murcielago exhaust set up, Hydratech Hydraboost.
ILLUSION Website
--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Time Served

oh....damn!
It's just like far cry though?
Didnt they make 2 far crys?
I cant wait for this game because far cry was my favorite game!

myspace.com/mustangkidd
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
oh....damn!
It's just like far cry though?
Didnt they make 2 far crys?
I cant wait for this game because far cry was my favorite game!
They made
1. Far Cry for the PC
2. Far Cry Instincts for xbox
3. Far Cry Instincts: Predator for xbox360
WATCH THE VIDEO. lol

ILLUSION Website
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Lifer

looks fun
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Time Served

I just got done watching it.
It was so real! That is an awesome game all the details and shadowing OMG. I love it. Do you know when next year its coming out?

myspace.com/mustangkidd
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Time Served

To have that great experience of the game as what you are seeing. You will have to have like a 6800 GT or something close it I know my 6600 would play it but not that good. I CANT WAIT!

myspace.com/mustangkidd
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I have the BFG-GeForce 7800 GT OC 256MB video card and so far I can play any game out on the highest settings. So hopefully I wont have a problem with Cryisis because I dont plan on upgrading my video card for a long time.

ILLUSION Website
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Time Served

Dude OMG I would go over to your house just to see that thing. You payed almost 400 for it right. Thats crazy man I wouldnt spend that much.... I know they are expensive. No you wouldnt have to upgrade for a long time man.

myspace.com/mustangkidd
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Dude OMG I would go over to your house just to see that thing. You payed almost 400 for it right. Thats crazy man I wouldnt spend that much.... I know they are expensive. No you wouldnt have to upgrade for a long time man.
Nope I only paid $300.00 for it going through newegg.com
I had my entire gaming computer build for only $1,000 and it plays everything. I used my income tax money and had to decide if I wanted the gaming PC or the 360. I picked the PC so I could play online with Heather on her computer. Plus I need a powerful rig to play FEAR. That game is way overrated. Far cry is my favorite so far. Also Black and white 2. Heather and I play Age of empires 3 together all the time.
I will be getting the 360 after our July 28th road track event in our cars.

ILLUSION Website
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Time Served

Screw the 360 man just wait for the ps3 to come out. I play FEAR and Age of Empires 3 all the time too. It's an awesome game. Far Cry used to be my favorite game I loved that game so much but its been years since it came out and I beat it. I have black and white 2 also. I have almost every game you can think of except the gay ones. I am play NFSMW right now. Rolling in my 05 GT lol. 300 is a good deal with newegg.com I never buy anything from them chiefvalue.com always has better deals I got my 6600 for 100 bucks and free shipping lol. Try them out. Who's Heather?

myspace.com/mustangkidd
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I dont have any interrest in the PS3. I only see one game that interrests me other than that there is nothign for the PS3 I want. I dont ever play my PS2 any more and I have 200 games for it. The ps2 sucked bad online compared to xbox live. I was never into the xbox until the first time I played online. What a huge difference over the PS2. Anyway I have decided to get the xbox360 so I can play "Forza 2" and "Halo 3". "Kameo" is a great game too in HD. Also another importang must have game is "Gears of War" and also "Test Drive Unlimited" Dang I have a lot of games to buy in the next few months. Yeah the 360 wins over the PS3 IMO.
Heather just got me Far cry for my birthday in April so I play it once in a while when I get the chance.I posted pics somewhere of that game on this site. Mabey the "are there any gamers" thread. Not sure.

ILLUSION Website
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Time Served

I dont know how the ps3 is gonna come out but I like the xbox for online I have xbox live its awesome! I cant afford the xbox 360 well I can but I am putting money towards my car. I am sure I am the only one that has put 05 GT rims on a sn95 I thought it would look alright but when the car is clean its real niice. That engine right there is being dropped into there. It's gonna be MEAN!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ricks vacation 002 (Medium).jpg
Views:	42
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	65092   Click image for larger version

Name:	ricks vacation 043 (Medium).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	65094   Click image for larger version

Name:	ricks vacation 045 (Medium).jpg
Views:	43
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	65095  

myspace.com/mustangkidd
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Wow thats a serious engine. Dang. Yeah its real hard buying the new systems when you have cars to work on. Lately we have been dumping ALL of our money into heathers 67 Mustang. A couple months ago I was dumping it all into the camaro. After July 28th I hope we are done with car stuff for the year. Well kinda. I really want to paint the mustang and possibly the Camaro this year. We will see. We sure hyjacked this thread. lol

ILLUSION Website
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROBOY69
Wow thats a serious engine. Dang. Yeah its real hard buying the new systems when you have cars to work on. Lately we have been dumping ALL of our money into heathers 67 Mustang. A couple months ago I was dumping it all into the camaro. After July 28th I hope we are done with car stuff for the year. Well kinda. I really want to paint the mustang and possibly the Camaro this year. We will see. We sure hyjacked this thread. lol
What you mean man? You cant hijack your own thread lol and yea you have to paint your camaro. Your girls Mustang I saw was a good project. It's gonna be a pain in the ass finding a hood for my car. LMAO Thanks for the compliments on my engine I am gonna be putting it in soon I hope. I will just run w/out hood hehe. I would look to put that in some thread where people would see it... so they would see that I am no joke. You've seen some of them making fun of me right? They think I dont have a Mustang and they dont like me for some reason. So you haven't ever seen those 05 GT rims on a sn95 either have you? I am the first.... people keep on asking me about it all the time and they love it too.

myspace.com/mustangkidd
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Time Served

Your camaro is awesome too man. I love your camaro I have been looking for a 68-72 camaro project but they are so damn expensive lol I wish I had the money.

myspace.com/mustangkidd
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
I dont know how the ps3 is gonna come out but I like the xbox for online I have xbox live its awesome! I cant afford the xbox 360 well I can but I am putting money towards my car. I am sure I am the only one that has put 05 GT rims on a sn95 I thought it would look alright but when the car is clean its real niice. That engine right there is being dropped into there. It's gonna be MEAN!
No offense, but I'm sure you'll make the news. In the O section.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 09:16 AM
fuckcanada

Crysis will be the first true DX10 game and is supposed to launch with Vista.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

I saw a major problem with the physic engine. In the beginning of the video, two soldiers are by a HMMWV. The guy runs up to the guys on the ground and shoots a grenade launcher at them. It explodes and they go flying back.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:09 PM
fuckcanada

Don't worry bout that texasdevildog, mostly anyone who wants to experience all of what this game can do will need new hardware as in DX10 cards. the first farcry was amazing and it set the standard for fps games to follow. I have a feeling this will do the same for the new gen games.

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

All the new games are coming out with "new and better" eye candy, but the game play is the same. IMO, fun game play > eye candy.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Which one's the clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
Don't worry bout that texasdevildog, mostly anyone who wants to experience all of what this game can do will need new hardware as in DX10 cards. the first farcry was amazing and it set the standard for fps games to follow. I have a feeling this will do the same for the new gen games.

i thought far cry was pretty lame, it looked ok but it was just like every other fps out there. my all time favorite single player fps would have to be FEAR.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement