Nero 7 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Nero 7

How much memory is this program supposed to use when burning a DVD? Whenever I try to burn one during the "transcoding" process it's using 1.4g of memory? Any program such as a screen saver or browser will crash it.
What gives?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Lifer

Sure you don't have anythign else running? I just did a movie today with 2u/l, 3 d/l torrents running and surfing here. BTW when the drive is actually burning the disc, good idea to take a break till its done. Oh and Nero 7 is the shit!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

I have the usual shit running like Trillian, Firefox and and IE, but no open windows. I just tried again and it froze up. I had turned off my screen saver and power options but left the monitor to turn off after 10 min and it still crashed.
Oh yeah.. it's 1.4megs, not gigs.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Lifer

I don't know what to tell you, something isn't right, nero is a badass program, firmware update maybe?!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 AM
duh...duh....duh

Other then the crashing, 1.4 megs seems about right...or awfully low actually. Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling?

Yesterday I briefly looked at this and the forums on cdfreaks.com have quote a bit of stuff. However, I was debating whether or not to respond after your posts in the other thread.

I'd check there, plug google has a bunch of crap.

There seems to be several different reasons for this happening. I'd search through the cdfreaks.com forums, since they seem technically savy compared to other places I've seen information on. The fixes/problems vary from a process that Nero does not like, to registry fixes. You'll just have to read up and see what fits your bill.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 11:50 AM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Other then the crashing, 1.4 megs seems about right...or awfully low actually. Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling?

Yesterday I briefly looked at this and the forums on cdfreaks.com have quote a bit of stuff. However, I was debating whether or not to respond after your posts in the other thread.

There seems to be several different reasons for this happening. I'd search through the cdfreaks.com forums, since they seem technically savy compared to other places I've seen information on. The fixes/problems vary from a process that Nero does not like, to registry fixes. You'll just have to read up and see what fits your bill.

Take care,
He said 1.4gb, not mb.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
I don't know what to tell you, something isn't right, nero is a badass program, firmware update maybe?!
I dunno... I'll look into it at some point. Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Yeah, but to no avail. I actually reinstalled 6, tried to burn the DVD and got the same results...
Quote:

Take care,
Appreciate the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHornet
He said 1.4gb, not mb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS RRR
Oh yeah.. it's 1.4megs, not gigs.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Geez....
I just read through the error log when I tried to burn using Nero 6 and:
Quote:
ERROR:
cause: 58 (disk_full)
source: _VOBS
description: There is not enough space on the disk.
?!!!
I thought even 6 was able to know the space available on the DVD and compress accordingly if needed? It is a single disk and when I drag/drop a movie into the burn window it states 4.28GB used out of 4.7?
And there's nothing burnt onto the disk. It's still blank...

I'll keep trying...

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Lifer

If i remember right V6 would warn that your exceeding space limits but not compress the video for you. Somethings definatly amiss, you should get 4.38GB easily. How about trying a different program say Shrink/decrypter? See if its your nero software or something else on your pc.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

My wife saw these warnings and saved the log file for me. However she also said another warning popped up saying my HD is full. However there's still 20gigs left on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement