Did I get a decent Laptop? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Did I get a decent Laptop?

i can't keep up with what is good and what is crap anymore...i just went up to fry's and picked one up, that i'm hoping will be sufficient. the memory seemed low (512mb), but i was told that it was faster than standard ddr memory, so it's like having 1gb... i'm no gamer...i just want to be able to run autocad when i need it, surf the web fairly quickly, etc...

it's a Fujitsu N3530

Fujitsu PC N3530 Lifebook Notebook PC
Intel Core Duo Processor T2300 (1.66 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB) 1
Performance driven desktop replacement with exceptional display and advance multimedia features
Key Features:
A 15.4" wide-aspect Color-Enhanced Crystal View display - unique high contrast display that delivers brighter images andricher colors
Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology with Intel Core Duo Processor
Gamer's delight with 128 MB HyperMemory video RAM on ATI Mobility Radeon X1400, PCI Express graphics and DirectX 9 support
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to enjoy an integrated home entertainment experience that includes music, photos, DVD, TV, and much more.
Flexible network communication with the blazing fast Gigabit Ethernet and the tri-mode Wi-Fi certified wireless LAN
Dual-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer can write up to 8.5 GB which is twice as much as standard DVD writers
Dedicated Memory Stick/SD/xD card slot forfast and easy way to download pictures, music, and data
Key Specifications:
Intel Core Duo Processor T2300 (1.66 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB) 1
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Microsoft Works
Microsoft Office2003 60-Day Trial (Student & Teacher Edition)
15.4" Color-Enhanced Crystal View wide XGA display with bright 300 cd/m2 brightness
ATI MobilityRadeon X1400 with 128 MB HyperMemory boost performance by combining 64 MB of dedicated video memory with 64 MB of shared system memory
512 MB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM (512 MB x 1) memory; upgradeableto 2 GB total memory
80 GB2 Serial-ATA 150, 5400 rpm hard drive
Dual-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer (2.4x DVD+R DL, 2x DVD-R DL, 8x DVD-R/+R, 4xDVD-RW/+RW, 5x DVD-RAM, 8x DVD-ROM, 24x CD-R, 10x CD-RW, 24x CD-ROM)
Integrated Wi-Fi CertifiedIntel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (Tri-mode 802.11a/b/g)
Integrated multinational3 56K4 V.90 modem and 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Card slots: One Type II PCMCIA slot, Memory Stick/SD/xD media slot, and one ExpressCard slot
Ports: 4 (four) USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 (4-pin), External VGA, S-video out, Optical-digital (SPDIF) out, Microphone-in, Headphone-out
Lithium ion battery: Up to 3 hr 30 min.5 on a non-TV tuner system
Dimension: Unit 14.25" x 10.51" x 1.57/1.61"; Packaged 17.9" x 14.5" x 7.6"
Weight: Unit 7.92 lbs; Packaged 15.4 lbs
1-year Limited International Warranty6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 04:16 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Other than no Bluetooth, sure it's a good one.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 03:26 PM
3rd shift sloucher

Fujitsus are nice, I worked in a service center that delt with them alot, only problem that we had out of them was the displays went out from time to time, hope ya got the extended warranty I am assuming that you bought it from frys maybe? seince they are one of the only places that sell Fujitsus.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Time Served

Looks like you got a very nice unit. Will definately suffice for what you are doing. As for what the sales rep told you about the memory, he is full of it! The DDR2 does run at a faster fsb speed but at relaxed timings so they offset the extra speed. 512mb is 512mb but it should be enough for your uses.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 08:48 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I've got a higher end Fujitsu, they are very nice machines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement