Anybody here use itunes? If so I need help? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Trick Flow Evangelist

Anybody here use itunes? If so I need help?

Is there any way to convert or transferyour i tunes files to your windows media player library? if so can you explain how. Thanks. I have like 15gigs worth of music in my windows media library so I want to add all my I tunes stuff to it aswell. I have downloaded a buch of stuff on i tunes that I don't have in windows media. I guess right now all I can do is burn a cd of the itunes stuff and then down load from the disc to my media player, but I would like to do it with out wasting cds. thanks again for any help!!

Ay, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives.... but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!

QUESTION AUTHORITY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:01 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

If you can find a codec for media player that will support m4p files sure thing! Apple went to great lengths to try and prevent exactly what you are wanting to do.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Lifer

I believe there is software to pull the music off your ipod. I haven't used it, just heard about it.

2007 GMC Sierra RCSB - It breathes better now and looks better than stock.
2008 Honda 700XX - Doesn't need any mods.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 11:44 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

You can do that through explorer, just not as nice and tidy as the names are all hexed.

He's not talking about getting the music off his iPod, he's talking about playing the .AAC's he bought through iTunes/iTMS in Windows Media Player. And it sounds like he's got some DRM'd .WMA's in Windows Media Player, or I'd just suggest playing those in iTunes.

Unfortunately, with DRM, you're screwed. Your best bet is to find a way to strip the DRM off the .AAC's and .WMA's that you've got, then I'd recommend either converting them to .MP3's, or I know iTunes will play non-DRM'd .WMA's, so after stripping the DRM, I'd just consolidate everything into iTunes.

I don't know if Windows Media Player will play non-DRM'd .AAC's. I've not used WMP in years. If you're just hell bent on playing through WMP, then you'll need to also find out if there's a codec/filter for playing .AAC in WMP.

Beyond that, I'd further suggest sticking with one music service from here on out, so you don't have to worry about switching between multiple players to be able to listen to music.

Or just stick with .MP3's like I do, and not have to worry about any of this shit, as .MP3's can be played anywhere, with any software player, on any portable player.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Trick Flow Evangelist

where would I download mp3 music? I don't guess I tunes are that format right? I am pretty mucha novice at computers. so sorry for the ignorance.

Ay, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives.... but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!

QUESTION AUTHORITY
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 03:11 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

bit torrent, news groups, pay for use sites. I use bit torrent but of course only to download non copyrighted music. You'd be amazed whats available

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 03:18 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

www.allofmp3.com

Music bought from iTunes/iTMS is .AAC with DRM.

Music bought from most other services is usually .WMA with DRM.

Windows Media Player can't play .AAC files.

iTunes can't play .WMA files (unless they have no DRM on them).

Both iTunes and Windows Media Player can play .MP3 files.

DRM = Digital Rights Management, is no more than a way for the content industry (RIAA/MPAA) to get you to pay more than once for the same content. .MP3's don't have DRM.

The deciding factor on which music service to use (if you don't want the convenience/compatability of .MP3), is whether or not you have an iPod. If you do, stick with iTMS or AllOfMP3. If you have some other player, you'll probably need to go with one of the other services (or AllOfMP3). If you don't have any portable player, then any service will work (as well as AllOfMP3).

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
hey aaron, this is the site i was telling you about yesterday while we were in the car...its what i use...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 01:01 PM
DERP DERP DERP

You can use itunes to convert the aac files to mp3, it's in the itunes preferences, then just open windows media, and add the itunes folder to the library.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Time Served

i hate itunes all my videos i want to convert wont play sound on my ipod... only video...plus when i downloaded itunes it made quicktime my default player for everything. so i delete that and it wont even load itunes anymore to put song on it...i am ipod retarded, is there a program that will convert different vids into ipod format besides itunes?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:52 AM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfans21
i hate itunes all my videos i want to convert wont play sound on my ipod... only video...plus when i downloaded itunes it made quicktime my default player for everything. so i delete that and it wont even load itunes anymore to put song on it...i am ipod retarded, is there a program that will convert different vids into ipod format besides itunes?
search for IMTOO ipod converter, it's what I use, and it's easy. the sound will be a little delayed by the end of the movie usually though by a second or two, it bugs the shit out of me usually.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement