Laptop battery charger ?'s... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Laptop battery charger ?'s...

Ok, the charger for my toshiba laptop stopped working. I went to Fry's and best buy and they have some universal ones that might work. The problem is that my particular model (satellite p something) is not listed on the back of those chargers. The only difference seems to be the output in watts, but I don't know what the output is for my laptop. The salesman said that i could try any of them them,but they could fry my shit . Any ideas? I have a test this weekend and all my notes are on my laptop so i'm trying to find a quick solution. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:53 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Order one from Toshiba directly.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:51 PM
IA2

Little late, but you could buy one of those apricorn USB/laptop hard disk adapters, yank the drive out of your laptop, and mount it on another PC to get to your files.

Last laptop power adapter I bought I got from ebay.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Turn Your Swag On!

Oddly enough, I've been having the same problem with my Toshiba laptop. It's a Satellite 1995 S803(maybe 805, can't remember off the top of my head). Basically it won't automatically stay on and charge when the power supply is plugged in. I can have it in for a little while, but if it gets jolted it cuts out and you can't reconnect to get it charging again. Sometimes it just cuts off the charging supply whenever it feels like it. I either have to use it until it drains out and then recharge it, or turn the damn thing off and pray that I connect the charger in the perfect way and turn it back on to have it charge while I use it. I've pretty much given up on the damn thing and am just going to keep doing it that way until it finally gives out. I have a desktop PC as well with backups of everything.

How long have you had the laptop? I would just say go and get another cheap one, especially if all you are going to do is use it for notes and internet browsing and just use the other one occasionally.

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thanks for the replies... I might have to just order one from Toshiba but I was really tryin to get one this weekend since it wouldn't ship for a week. The laptop is about 3 years old, so i dont really want to replace it because other than the charger everything works great. If i get a universal one, anyway to narrow down the output in watts needed? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement