My lightscribed CD's - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

My lightscribed CD's

Well I've had this computer since August of '05 and finally decided to play with the lightscribe. Here's the two I did. What do ya think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Long Live T.S.

not to shabby...

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Time Served

Dude. Thats badass. I didnt know you could do that.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 02:15 AM
Professional Slacker

I've been wanting a lightscribe cdburner those look great
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 06:31 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

I've never even heard of that stuff....wicked awesome though. Can you buy any new desktops with those in them?

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:07 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Yea, lightscribe is friggin genius, but I'll stick with my Sony DVD burner.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:06 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

I was under the impression that light scribing is done on the data side of the disc, and reduces the amount of data that can be written (and why most light scribe examples are a ring around the edge of the disc). Is that not the case?

Those do look great, and hell if that's not affecting the amount of data on the disc, I may be convinced to get one

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
I was under the impression that light scribing is done on the data side of the disc, and reduces the amount of data that can be written (and why most light scribe examples are a ring around the edge of the disc). Is that not the case?

Those do look great, and hell if that's not affecting the amount of data on the disc, I may be convinced to get one

It doesn't affect the data part of the disc...what you do is after your done burning said disc with the info you want on it...take it out and flip it over in the drive and then you can burn your images, words, etc...
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake007
It doesn't affect the data part of the disc...what you do is after your done burning said disc with the info you want on it...take it out and flip it over in the drive and then you can burn your images, words, etc...

Does it matter what kind of discs you have?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

Like the guy above said, there is no data loss because of the light scribe, the image is burned on the other side of the disc from the data side.

Here is a pic of a new lightscribe cd before burning an image onto it... It starts off all gold colored and the lightscribe burns the light areas to result in different shades of gold.

You do have to have special lightscribe CDs like this one, they were about a buck a piece in 10-pack form.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
I've never even heard of that stuff....wicked awesome though. Can you buy any new desktops with those in them?
yeppers
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 11:24 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Sweet. Tad expensive per disc, but still pretty cool. Thanks for the clarification

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 01:24 PM
11-05-09

Quote:
Sweet. Tad expensive per disc, but still pretty cool. Thanks for the clarification

Agreed. I'll stick with the conventional cds for now.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:20 PM
aka onlya302

hehe, I just bought a DVD drive tonight at staples that has lightscribe. I heard about it when it first came out, but it didn't really interest me. The only reason I bought it was because the one with lightscribe was 10 bux less than a regular one, plus it had double the Dual Layer write speed (8x vs 4x). They had the lightscribe dvd's on sale too 25 for 14.99 (vs 29.99 regular price). I don't use very many cd's anymore so I didn't check the prices on those.

Chris Johnson

85 Wagen sold
93 Car
01 Truck (now turbocharged, but soon to be TWIN Turbo!)
03 s2k
www.yonsonracing.com
www.southernspeedracing.com

Speed is my drug, there is NO cure!!!

NEXTEL/SPRINT SUCKS!!!
FORD SUCKS!!!
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. SUCKS!!!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:40 PM
fuckcanada

That's pretty sweet, but i think my permanent marker is gonna have to do the trick.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

Yea, it takes the time to find the image or write the text, modify or adjust size in photoshop, get the placement correct, and then another 20 minutes for the actual image burn process + the time to burn the actual music onto the data side...

so I won't be using this except for special occassions, hah...
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:

That's an older process that was before Light Scribe came out, think it was called "Tatoo" or something and it burned images on the "unburned" data side of a CD.

I love my Light Scribe burner. Agree that it's a tad expensive per CD so I do not use it for everything.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Lifer

cool, I have lightscribe but haven't fucked with it yet

2005 Lincoln LS V8
1986 SVO
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Lifer

So has anyone been able to burn LS media where you touched the LS side of the media before burning it? If I accidentally touch the LS side before burning the media it wont let me LS it. I've tried cleaning it, buffing it, licking it, rubbing it on my ass, nothing works once I touch it. I now store my LS media in a hermetically sealed compartment and wear a HAZMAT suite when I'm going to burn one. And I've tried various FW releases on the HP-DVD640 drive. The only thing I havent tried is getting the professional version of the "Surething" LS software. Surething my ass!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 11:36 AM
老师

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedneck
So has anyone been able to burn LS media where you touched the LS side of the media before burning it? If I accidentally touch the LS side before burning the media it wont let me LS it. I've tried cleaning it, buffing it, licking it, rubbing it on my ass, nothing works once I touch it. I now store my LS media in a hermetically sealed compartment and wear a HAZMAT suite when I'm going to burn one. And I've tried various FW releases on the HP-DVD640 drive. The only thing I havent tried is getting the professional version of the "Surething" LS software. Surething my ass!
lmao at the hazmat/hotzone.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 11:51 PM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedneck

LMFAO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement