Mame Emulator - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

Mame Emulator

I am trying to run a acarde emulator... all my other nes,snes etc etc work ...I can not get the arcade to work though... any one have any suggestions on one? right now I am trying to us Mame 1.03 ..I am trying to get NBA Jam TE to work [email protected]#!

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
I am trying to run a acarde emulator... all my other nes,snes etc etc work ...I can not get the arcade to work though... any one have any suggestions on one? right now I am trying to us Mame 1.03 ..I am trying to get NBA Jam TE to work [email protected]#!
what do you mena it is not working?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 07:17 PM
dead

does the emulator work?
could be the rom thats fucked up.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

sorry for the crappy explain ... I have tryed 3 different roms ...only cause I didnt have time to try more ... but everytime I tryed to run them it would tell me

error: files missing

I go them from http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/mame/n.html

which I heard was a good site for roms etc...

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
sorry for the crappy explain ... I have tryed 3 different roms ...only cause I didnt have time to try more ... but everytime I tryed to run them it would tell me

error: files missing

I go them from http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/mame/n.html

which I heard was a good site for roms etc...

Every new release of Mame the roms files get updated. The rom you have is probably good but not for the latest version of mame. If you have a bunch of roms start downgrading mame until you find a compatable version. If you dont have many roms.. find the compatable roms
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

alright ..will do thanks for the replys

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 09:31 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

You've got to be 10% smarter than the equipment you work with

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 09:51 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey85stang
Every new release of Mame the roms files get updated. The rom you have is probably good but not for the latest version of mame. If you have a bunch of roms start downgrading mame until you find a compatable version. If you dont have many roms.. find the compatable roms
Wow, really? Damn, that sucks. I've never actually used MAME, but that sounds like a huge pain in the ass. You'd think subsequent newer versions would still retain backwards compatibility with the older roms, rather than the roms having to be updated to maintain compatibility with the new versions... or having multiple versions installed and guessing at which one's needed for which particular rom.

I guess it's good I stick with my console emu's... I can at least update those to newer, more compatible/full featured versions, and not have to worry about rom's being incompatible

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

really ..I had the time after work to look at it more then 5 mins ..I got it to work .....only draw back you might have to try a copy of the game or two ....which only takes 2 mins or so ... thing works great.....so if any has any questions... and NBA JAM rules ...next mk2 and K.I.!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Wow, really? Damn, that sucks. I've never actually used MAME, but that sounds like a huge pain in the ass. You'd think subsequent newer versions would still retain backwards compatibility with the older roms, rather than the roms having to be updated to maintain compatibility with the new versions... or having multiple versions installed and guessing at which one's needed for which particular rom.

I guess it's good I stick with my console emu's... I can at least update those to newer, more compatible/full featured versions, and not have to worry about rom's being incompatible
Yeah, it sucks... some of the smaller roms will work across all versions.. but the larger ones seem to change with every release. Thats one of the main reasons I do not jack with mame too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement