Another hard drive for my XBOX? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Another hard drive for my XBOX?

Got a modded XBOX and Im just about out of space but I do not want to delete any of my games. Can I use an external? Install an internal?
Bought it modded, I do not know anything about XBOX.
I know how to run a couple Apps that are on it and navigate through my dash. thats it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Time Served

Yes- You can upgrade the internal hard drive in you xbox

1995 Mustang GT
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineGreen_Gt
Yes- You can upgrade the internal hard drive in you xbox
dont want to upgrade
want another one

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:39 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasolineFiend
dont want to upgrade
want another one
You can stack up to three internally if you have the proper hardware. Not sure how well it works but I know the parts are available to. Might check out google for more help.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
You can stack up to three internally if you have the proper hardware. Not sure how well it works but I know the parts are available to. Might check out google for more help.
ya one of my programs in my xbox says that there is space for one more hard drive but there no way im going to attempt that one. wouldnt even know where to start.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasolineFiend
ya one of my programs in my xbox says that there is space for one more hard drive but there no way im going to attempt that one. wouldnt even know where to start.

What program is it modded with? You might check with them, or explore the external route.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
What program is it modded with? You might check with them, or explore the external route.

No on the USB HDD support. The XBox 360 supports a USB2.0 external drive, right out of the box, but I haven't heard of anyone converting the game ports on the old XBox to do this. The game ports on the old XBox are essentially modified USB ports.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Time Served

Your best bet is probably to just buy a new bigger drive and let someone who is comfortable with opening the xbox install it in place of the existing one. It could be done in such a way that you would not lose what you have on the existing drive.....I am 99% sure you should be able to ghost the old drive to the new one and keep everything....anyone actually done it??
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofreak
Your best bet is probably to just buy a new bigger drive and let someone who is comfortable with opening the xbox install it in place of the existing one. It could be done in such a way that you would not lose what you have on the existing drive.....I am 99% sure you should be able to ghost the old drive to the new one and keep everything....anyone actually done it??
ive found a couple website that will do it for you but it costs quite a bit.
Im going to take it around to all my electronice geek friends and see if they know anything. Ill let you guys know if i found out something.

Also: I was looking through a couple other programs on ym xbox and one of them says that I have 3 more spaces for hard drives.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Time Served

If you want to get the gear to just add a drive (should just be a new bracket), I'll help you get it in. I have modded several XBox's so I know how to get one apart and back together.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofreak

Ie ghosted a stock softmodded drive to a 20gb drive w/ xboxhdm.. worked great although it took probably 2.5 hours to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement