WoW players... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

WoW players...

Should i or should i not? If so, what server do you recommend and who can power lvl me up a bit.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Lifer

Dork!
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Lifer

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 01:21 AM
Time Served

I can help on eredar alliance. 60 hunter and soon to be 60 pally. My bro has a 60 hunter and a 60 rogue. My buddies are 60 warlock and 60 hunter. We can get you there.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 06:39 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

If you want, you can join my server man, its natherzim, I play ALL the time. Its a low population PvP server. Definatly pick PvP, its a lot more fun and challenging.

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 06:40 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe50
I can help on eredar alliance. 60 hunter and soon to be 60 pally. My bro has a 60 hunter and a 60 rogue. My buddies are 60 warlock and 60 hunter. We can get you there.
Thats the worst thing you can do, dont get someone to rush you through this game or you wont know how to play your charector.

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Lifer

I'm thinking about getting this. You pay for the game and then it's about $15/m to play, right?
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 11:15 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
I'm thinking about getting this. You pay for the game and then it's about $15/m to play, right?
yup

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 12:10 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Just know what you're getting into... AbecX once thought the game would suck, before he actually played it... now he's addicted It's not called World of Warcrack for nothing.

And if you pay for 6mo's in advance, it's like $10/mo I think. $12/mo for 3mo's in advance, and $15/mo for month to month.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Lifer

Is it something that you need to have previous experience playing to enjoy it? I've never played any of the WoW games before - nor really anything like it. I'm sure I can learn quickly, but is it beneficial to play the others first?
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 03:29 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Is it something that you need to have previous experience playing to enjoy it? I've never played any of the WoW games before - nor really anything like it. I'm sure I can learn quickly, but is it beneficial to play the others first?
Not at all. In fact, all of the other Warcraft games are a different format than WoW.
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Long Live T.S.

WoW owns all

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
If you want, you can join my server man, its natherzim, I play ALL the time. Its a low population PvP server. Definatly pick PvP, its a lot more fun and challenging.

Cool, i picked it up today. i'll create a character later tonight probably.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Time Served

I play in Garona, best horde guild on the server too.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Not at all. In fact, all of the other Warcraft games are a different format than WoW.
dude what happened to you?
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 08:44 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98gtmustang
dude what happened to you?
Lol, I changed servers. Left Malygos for a PVP server (Burning Legion).

I got my Shaman to lvl 57 on Burning Legion, then got Battlefield 2...and that's all I play now :P
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Is any character better than another? i was thinking of an undead warlock. anyone care to share some insight?

Last edited by Shaithis; 06-27-2005 at 02:14 AM.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 12:54 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
Is any character better than another? i was thinking of an undead warlock. anyone care to share some insite?
oi, thats going to open a can of worms. All I can say, is choose something you think best fits your persona, because you're going to be with him for a while

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 08:21 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

What Cruz said. All the classes have their various strengths and weaknesses. Some are more geared towards party play (pure casters like mages and priests), and others are competent both solo and in parties. But all classes are soloable, if you don't mind leveling a bit slower.

One thing to also think about, is whether you want to do PvP or not.

On a PvP server, any time you're out in contested or enemy territory, you're a target for any other player(s) of the opposing faction. This opens up the potential for groups of level 60's walking through lowbie areas that are contested, and just wiping all the 20's on site, just because they can. On a PvE (or Normal) server, there are no Contested or Enemy territories. The only way another player can attack you, is if you enable your pvp flag (either by physically typing /pvp, or by attacking a guard, or civilian of an opposing factions town. Healing or assisting in any way, another player of your faction that has their pvp flagged (indicated by a yellow name instead of blue), will also trip your pvp flag. Once you turn on pvp, it will remain on for 5 minutes, unless you continue to engage in pvp actions).

PvE servers are ideal for solo play, as you almost never have to worry about getting ganked while you're out questing/grinding/farming... where in PvP servers, you're constantly looking around to make sure no one's coming after you before you go to attack that next mob.

DarkWolf
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:16 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Darkwolf makes PvP sound horrible. I LOVE PvP, it sucked in lower lvl's, but nothing is better then taking out higher lvl charectors that try and get you. You will learn the places that are hard to quest because of horde/alliance activity, and not go back there till your a bit better. PvP keeps you on your toes and your skills in check. Its frustrating at first, but after you get past the 30's, it wont be as bad. Its not like lvl 60's just run through the areas dominating, most of them are questing in MC or doing battlegrounds, its mainly 40+ charectors that are still ?? to you that come and get ya, because thats how it was for them kinda thing.

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
Is any character better than another? i was thinking of an undead warlock. anyone care to share some insight?
druid is the all around character
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 11:47 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Darkwolf makes PvP sound horrible. I LOVE PvP, it sucked in lower lvl's, but nothing is better then taking out higher lvl charectors that try and get you. You will learn the places that are hard to quest because of horde/alliance activity, and not go back there till your a bit better. PvP keeps you on your toes and your skills in check. Its frustrating at first, but after you get past the 30's, it wont be as bad. Its not like lvl 60's just run through the areas dominating, most of them are questing in MC or doing battlegrounds, its mainly 40+ charectors that are still ?? to you that come and get ya, because thats how it was for them kinda thing.
Actually it is still that bad on Mal'Ganis :-/ We've been trying Battlegrounds lately. A lot. It's usually 8 - 10 horde and 2 alliance... it's like all the Horde want to do Battlegrounds, but all the alliance just want to go around ganking (and as with most servers, alliance outnumbers horde by at least 2:1, so there's certainly not a shortage of 'em). We've tried both Alterac and Mor'Shan, multiple times. This past weekend, when we were trying Alterac, we were waiting up to 3 hours for even 2 alliance to show up... but there was at least 10-15 60's raiding Tarren Mill, which had 4 60's, me, and a few other 40's defending, waiting for Battlegrounds to be playable, and the rest were in mid-upper 20's, low thirties, questing.

Well, trying to quest, at least.

Those 60's could've done the Alterac Battlegrounds, and potentially gotten some actual honor, instead of ganking 20's and 30's for no honor, because once we finally could get into Alterac, Tarren Mill was left with only 20's and 30's, and the NPC's.

DarkWolf
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 02:07 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Those 60's could've done the Alterac Battlegrounds, and potentially gotten some actual honor, instead of ganking 20's and 30's for no honor, because once we finally could get into Alterac, Tarren Mill was left with only 20's and 30's, and the NPC's.
Its different on every server, I like mine because its low population and not everyone has epic and legendary gear. I beat up lvl 60's ( lvl53 ) all the time because there is only a lvl difference and not a massive gear difference. Once you get in a good guild, you'll have someone watching your shoulder. I've quested with a bunch of different people and they all respect my game play, chances are, they are usually near me if any trouble starts to happen. The game may be large, but once you've group with a few people that know you, you'll have someone watching your back. I dont mind dying whenever, its all part of PvP. Corpse camping doesnt happen on our server which is a plus.

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:13 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Yeah, 2 of the 60's defending Tarren Mill with me, were a couple friends of mine. We started playing together on launch, same with FFXI. Only reason I'm behind now, I got bored with my hunter when we were around 30, and started over with my shaman.

Our guild is small, made up of us and a few people we had in our linkshell in FFXI that came over to WoW. We may end up joining a larger guild in the near future, not a huge one, only about 40-50 people or so, to be able to do things like Onyxia, and Ragnaros, without having to spend hours searching for a pick up raid party.

But yea, most of the 60's have most all Epic gear, most have their class specific gear, and a lot have most, if not all, of the pvp gear. I've even seen a few people with the epic pvp set. And people are starting to get legendary gear now that Ragnaros is being defeated on a regular basis. I guess they got bored with Onyxia. Hell, I've even got a couple pieces of epic gear, but mostly rare, and only a few uncommon's. It's just something you gotta do on Mal'Ganis, if you want to stand any semblance of a chance against the multitude of gankers. We regularly run instances numerous times so we can all get the good gear that drops in them, rather than buying inferior gear at the auction house.

And people still corpse camp regularly :-/

DarkWolf

Last edited by DarkWolf; 06-28-2005 at 10:28 AM.
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Samurai Schmuck

Definitely buy! I'm on brozebeard and started my guild about 3 months ago. There are some really good guilds out there too that don't just whore out their memberships. Learn what you can from the advanced guys and have fun. Also remember that there are some real schmucks too, like 14 year old level 60's. :P
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 05:32 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Here is a video of us raiding horde towns, unfortunatly I didnt get any of the good stuff. We took out the grpyhon master at hammerfall, I had to tank the big ass bats that spawn when you attack a gmaster which was no small task ( lvl 55 elites with a ton of health ). It was great once it was dead, we just camped the entrace as there is only one way into hammerfall. I'll see if I can get some better video when we do our next one.

http://abecx.net/wow/videos/da.wmv

post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Lifer

have a rogue sap a bat master then he will come without the bats
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Lifer

This game is might confusing for someone just starting to attempt to play....
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
This game is might confusing for someone just starting to attempt to play....
i've played my fair share of EQ, so the transistion wasn't too bad. But this game blows EQ out of the water.

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 06:11 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Just remember to quest, and every 2 levels, check with your class trainer to learn new skills, and put them to use.

After 5 - 10 levels (seems to take forever when you're first starting, but if you ever make another character, you'll find it's much faster) you'll start to get the hang of your class and it's basic abilities. Most later abilities are simply just higher ranks of the earlier abilities, and usage is the same.

If you're on a pvp server, duel early and often with as many people as you can. It serves to train you for when you get out in contested areas, and someone tries to gank you. If you're on a pve server, dueling isn't *as* important for training, because you can avoid pvp entirely, but if you plan on participating in raids, dueling would be a good idea.

DarkWolf
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98gtmustang
druid is the all around character
Pfffttt..... Everyone knows Paladins have the all mighty "I WIN" button. (righttttt)
Lvl 52 Paladin
Windrunner Server

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 11:53 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63
Pfffttt..... Everyone knows Paladins have the all mighty "I WIN" button. (righttttt)
Lvl 52 Paladin
Windrunner Server
According to the honor results, not one paladin on any server came out on top.

lvl 60 paladin, nath

post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:19 AM
not exclude

'cause Paladins can't kill worth shit. Their job is to stay alive and keep healing.
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

What the hell is the meeting stone? i'm in thalasmar now, lvl 18, and talked to the inn keeper about a doungen, said i was in queue for a group and to wait at the meeting stone. Where the hell is it??!!!?!?!?!

post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 02:12 AM
Lifer

Look for the guys standing by a rock.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 02:53 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
'cause Paladins can't kill worth shit. Their job is to stay alive and keep healing.
I dont have a problem dueling anyone except mages and hunters. The 'stay alive and heal' is only relavent in end game instances. We're supposed to be getting some damage control buffs in the next patch. Finally, wont have to wait around for proc's. BTW, I can do enough damage as is, even if it is only to one target ;p

post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
According to the honor results, not one paladin on any server came out on top.

lvl 60 paladin, nath
That I know- lol, on all the WoW websites all the others classes say that Paladins are way over powered and need to be nerfed. Hell most of the time I swing like a windmill and take twice as long as my brothers rogue to kill anything, but I am always the last one standing when the crap hits the fan.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 05:12 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I dont have a problem dueling anyone except mages and hunters. The 'stay alive and heal' is only relavent in end game instances. We're supposed to be getting some damage control buffs in the next patch. Finally, wont have to wait around for proc's. BTW, I can do enough damage as is, even if it is only to one target ;p
Well, Paladin dps is lacking. It's good enough to where you can duel people and win (because they can't run away). But I'll be damned if my Shaman or Hunter ever dies to a Pally on the battlefield. They can come in and beat on me, but then what? I can simply run away, heal up and I'm back in the game. I can consistently down Pallies with both, purge keeps your weapon buffs off. Only time I have trouble with pallies is when they are high int/spi builds. Then it's just a fight over who's mana will last longest.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 06:35 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

I'm not going to lie, Paladins are one of the weaker classes, but as said above, when shit hits the fan, I'm usually the last one standing or saving an instance. I dont out dps rogues, but I can usually sit on par with warriors IF its one on one combat, not 1 on 5. Paladins definatly need a snare and dps control, but I'm decently happy right now.

post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm not going to lie, Paladins are one of the weaker classes, but as said above, when shit hits the fan, I'm usually the last one standing or saving an instance. I dont out dps rogues, but I can usually sit on par with warriors IF its one on one combat, not 1 on 5. Paladins definatly need a snare and dps control, but I'm decently happy right now.
And a friggin way to range pull, In EQ we could use bows.

Mopar63

post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:34 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63
And a friggin way to range pull, In EQ we could use bows.
liken bommerang quest

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:39 PM
not exclude

Quote:
I'm not trying to completely bash them, they PISS ME OFF in Warsong. Usually a druid flag carrier with one or two pallies healing him. Can't kill they fuckin pallies cuz they shield/heal themselves...can't kill the fuckin druid cuz the pallies are healing them. Vicious cycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement