Promoting a website? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
King Dingaling
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The mean streets of Burleson
Posts: 486
Promoting a website?

My brother just made a website and We can't figure out how to promote it, so it will come up on searches, Any help will do, Thanks



-Josh
Wicked94GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:35 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 179
web site

www.overture.com
flametruck is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:38 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked94GT
My brother just made a website and We can't figure out how to promote it, so it will come up on searches, Any help will do, Thanks



-Josh
get ready to spend some bucks! pay per click
flametruck is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:53 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
tattoo the name of the site on your forehead.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 05:16 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
My Ass!!!

AbecX is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 05:31 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
My Ass!!!
Her Ass!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5968344464

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 177
Add Meta Tags to your code, that will get you in some search engines.

Troyz
Troyz R Us is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 05:27 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyz R Us
Add Meta Tags to your code, that will get you in some search engines.

Troyz
Not really. Search engines dont really go off meta tags anymore, its more content generated and link associated. The more pages that link to you, the higher you come up on google, yahoo, and msn. Add alt tags to images, and make sure you code is compliant. When I first started doing SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) on abecx.net, I wanted to be sure if someone searched for cruz cranford, I'd be the top link, I went from page 3 to number 1, all it takes is a couple of months and the proper site content. Search engines love REAL text more so than bull shit, and they are much smarter then you think. Try not to use the same words more than a few times on your page, that kinda stuff actually lowers your score and rank.

AbecX is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
Not really. Search engines dont really go off meta tags anymore, its more content generated and link associated. The more pages that link to you, the higher you come up on google, yahoo, and msn. Add alt tags to images, and make sure you code is compliant. When I first started doing SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) on abecx.net, I wanted to be sure if someone searched for cruz cranford, I'd be the top link, I went from page 3 to number 1, all it takes is a couple of months and the proper site content. Search engines love REAL text more so than bull shit, and they are much smarter then you think. Try not to use the same words more than a few times on your page, that kinda stuff actually lowers your score and rank.
You're right, meta tags aren't nearly as big/helpful as they use to be. But I don't think it would hurt anything to add them. I could be wrong...
Troyz R Us is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 08:46 AM
JPS
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked94GT
My brother just made a website and We can't figure out how to promote it, so it will come up on searches, Any help will do, Thanks



-Josh
Ok, maybe the tea hasn't kicked in, maybe I'm just slow *glares waiting for comments* .... But I haven't seen where you posted the web address here for us to start looking at it, and spread it word of mouth. It's a cheap start to advertising. You could post the link to message boards all over and people would click it just to see what you are up to.

Again, sorry if I just missed the link...

JPS
JPS is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 11:40 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
Not really. Search engines dont really go off meta tags anymore, its more content generated and link associated. The more pages that link to you, the higher you come up on google, yahoo, and msn. Add alt tags to images, and make sure you code is compliant. When I first started doing SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) on abecx.net, I wanted to be sure if someone searched for cruz cranford, I'd be the top link, I went from page 3 to number 1, all it takes is a couple of months and the proper site content. Search engines love REAL text more so than bull shit, and they are much smarter then you think. Try not to use the same words more than a few times on your page, that kinda stuff actually lowers your score and rank.
Tell you an easy way to get your name to the top of google. Review a book, CD or gadget from Amazon. Then in your bio for Amazon put down your website name as your "realname".

Happens in all of about 3 days.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Foxaholic
 
Bad89stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,351
I agree, it does not hurt to put them in there.
Bad89stang is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 10:43 AM
El Camino
 
Stang2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: in front of the keyboard
Posts: 3,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Tell you an easy way to get your name to the top of google. Review a book, CD or gadget from Amazon. Then in your bio for Amazon put down your website name as your "realname".

Happens in all of about 3 days.
I had that while my resume was posted on the isc2.org website. The first link that would come up with my name was the link to my resume on their site.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Stang2be is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome