Promoting a website? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
King Dingaling

Promoting a website?

My brother just made a website and We can't figure out how to promote it, so it will come up on searches, Any help will do, Thanks

-Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:35 PM

web site

www.overture.com
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked94GT
My brother just made a website and We can't figure out how to promote it, so it will come up on searches, Any help will do, Thanks

-Josh
get ready to spend some bucks! pay per click

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:53 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

tattoo the name of the site on your forehead.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 05:16 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

My Ass!!!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 05:31 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
My Ass!!!
Her Ass!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5968344464

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Time Served

Add Meta Tags to your code, that will get you in some search engines.

Troyz
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 05:27 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyz R Us
Add Meta Tags to your code, that will get you in some search engines.

Troyz
Not really. Search engines dont really go off meta tags anymore, its more content generated and link associated. The more pages that link to you, the higher you come up on google, yahoo, and msn. Add alt tags to images, and make sure you code is compliant. When I first started doing SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) on abecx.net, I wanted to be sure if someone searched for cruz cranford, I'd be the top link, I went from page 3 to number 1, all it takes is a couple of months and the proper site content. Search engines love REAL text more so than bull shit, and they are much smarter then you think. Try not to use the same words more than a few times on your page, that kinda stuff actually lowers your score and rank.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Not really. Search engines dont really go off meta tags anymore, its more content generated and link associated. The more pages that link to you, the higher you come up on google, yahoo, and msn. Add alt tags to images, and make sure you code is compliant. When I first started doing SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) on abecx.net, I wanted to be sure if someone searched for cruz cranford, I'd be the top link, I went from page 3 to number 1, all it takes is a couple of months and the proper site content. Search engines love REAL text more so than bull shit, and they are much smarter then you think. Try not to use the same words more than a few times on your page, that kinda stuff actually lowers your score and rank.
You're right, meta tags aren't nearly as big/helpful as they use to be. But I don't think it would hurt anything to add them. I could be wrong...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 08:46 AM
JPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked94GT

-Josh
Ok, maybe the tea hasn't kicked in, maybe I'm just slow *glares waiting for comments* .... But I haven't seen where you posted the web address here for us to start looking at it, and spread it word of mouth. It's a cheap start to advertising. You could post the link to message boards all over and people would click it just to see what you are up to.

Again, sorry if I just missed the link...

JPS
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 11:40 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Tell you an easy way to get your name to the top of google. Review a book, CD or gadget from Amazon. Then in your bio for Amazon put down your website name as your "realname".

Happens in all of about 3 days.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Foxaholic

I agree, it does not hurt to put them in there.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 10:43 AM
El Camino

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Tell you an easy way to get your name to the top of google. Review a book, CD or gadget from Amazon. Then in your bio for Amazon put down your website name as your "realname".

Happens in all of about 3 days.
I had that while my resume was posted on the isc2.org website. The first link that would come up with my name was the link to my resume on their site.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement