Problem w/audio when converting vhs to dvd? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-2005, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Problem w/audio when converting vhs to dvd?

I captured some video on my hard drive and burned it to DVD. Everything worked great except the audio is off. I used NERO to do this, does anyone know anything about this and how to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Lifer

Is the origional captured file in sync? Ive found that some dvd authoring programs will do that with certain files for some dumb reason and then perfect on others. If the origional looks good try another author program like TMGenc dvd author, after it finishes you can open the file in WMP or Power DVD and check the vid/audio lag before wasting a dvd on some POS. You can then burn the disc with your favorite burning software.
If not you will have to use a video editing program to fix. Vdub does a pretty good job and supports mpegs with the correct plugins.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
Is the origional captured file in sync? Ive found that some dvd authoring programs will do that with certain files for some dumb reason and then perfect on others. If the origional looks good try another author program like TMGenc dvd author, after it finishes you can open the file in WMP or Power DVD and check the vid/audio lag before wasting a dvd on some POS. You can then burn the disc with your favorite burning software.
If not you will have to use a video editing program to fix. Vdub does a pretty good job and supports mpegs with the correct plugins.

I'll give it a try. Also do you know of a program that can clear up the vhs video. I've got some old HS football video from 1994 and it looks pretty rough. I would like to take the old "grainy" look out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement