DNS Error on X-box live - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
PVC Racing

DNS Error on X-box live

Ok I have been getting this error sometime now. Not all the time just sometimes. Now I will get this error using the wireless adapter or even a wire direct into the modem or router. But then sometimes it works just fine. here lately it has been laging on me pretty bad. I did a check and it say most of the time the signal is good or very good. Heck it was even laging with a wire direct into the router . I'm thinking it has something to do with Charter. Casue sometimes the net runs pretty damn slow to.

Any of yall having problems with using Charter and X-box live? I'm lost here and not for sure what to do. its starting to piss me off

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Time Served

when it happens again you might try to reset your modem and router, what you do is turn off your xbox unplug your router and unplug your modem, wait 5 minuts, then do this in this order plug in your modem wait till all the lights are on and it is ready then plub in your router wait for all lights to come on, then turn on your xbox and try to sign in.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
PVC Racing

ok I just did that like you said. Well it worked good for one game and at the ed of the game it went to red for a signal. But hell evey now and then I can get a few games in.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Time Served

is it your ISP that is going out, if so I would call them cause that really sucks
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
PVC Racing

well I got a hold of them today and they did say there is a problem (from what they can see from there comp). Looking like it might be the modem, still not for sure. they are suppose to come out next Thursday to try and fix it. I'm just glad they can see there is a problem

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Time Served

Ya, I know what you mean,we have comcast cable and had probs for about 3 months and every time they came out it was working, and when they left it would quite again, finally they came out when it was not working, and they told me "ooh now we know your not lieing" so keep on them till they fixit and let me know
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
PVC Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by capngizmo
Ya, I know what you mean,we have comcast cable and had probs for about 3 months and every time they came out it was working, and when they left it would quite again, finally they came out when it was not working, and they told me "ooh now we know your not lieing" so keep on them till they fixit and let me know

I hate when that shit happens, damn straight I will keep telling them until it is fixed. But it does show on there computer there is something wrong. I didn't hear what she said I just said OK now come fix it

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Time Served

ya at least the can see the problem,Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement