making an Administrator on a network - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

making an Administrator on a network

Ok where I work we are on a fairly big network.I want to set my lgin name up as a admin.There use to be a guy that worked here and he set his up so I am sure it can be done.The scurity in the system is not very big.We are on windows 2000.I just need to know the steps.I think I know some of them jsut not all of them.They basically have the network set up on priviladges where you cant download anything.Ths for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 01:44 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Without the network admin's login, you're pretty much shit out of luck. Best start warming up your "mad h4x0r skillz"

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

it can be done withouth admin login cause I have seen it done..I just dont know all the steps I have to take...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 11:07 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

No it can't. You have to have administrator rights, to change your login to an administrator.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 07:24 PM

You have to have admin rights. I have been in the business close to 15 yrs.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 07:41 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

You don't *have* to have administrator rights. And of course, there is the Knoppix CD...

I know at least two ways of doing it. Neither what I would consider on the "up and up".

If you have the right to be administrator, I'm sure your company would give you the rights.

Compromising computers is a federal crime, even if you work for the company.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You don't *have* to have administrator rights. And of course, there is the Knoppix CD...

I know at least two ways of doing it. Neither what I would consider on the "up and up".

If you have the right to be administrator, I'm sure your company would give you the rights.

Compromising computers is a federal crime, even if you work for the company.
That is what I was meaning when I said Admin rights. I do all my stuff legally and suggest any one else do the same. I have seen companies pay stiff penalties for pirating and employees fired and criminally prosecuted for hacking into company files. Sure anyone can hack into it several different ways. Knoppix is just one of them.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 08:45 PM
El Camino

I'd have to agree with everyone here that if you work doesn't want you to have admin rights then any of the measure to gain that access would get you fired or possibly jail time. If they are blocking access to websites there are many methods and just gaining local admin might not fix this.

I would advise you to save your downloading from at home.

With security and compliance hot on the list this year now is not the time.

I'd hope you don't get any detailed responses from anyone here. Attempting to break into a controlled system without written permission will get you into trouble.

I only run pen tests/attacks on my own systems or systems I am responsible for or have written permission to.

Take the advice of those here before you get yourself into trouble. What you do can be proven and tracked. Just ask the guy at my last employer who got fired for breaking the company policy on computer usage.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 09:08 PM

I agree with all of the above.. if its a slightly big network.. then you probably have to request your admin rights and justify why you need them. I dont think anyone on here will tell you how to do it otherwise.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 09:15 PM
duh...duh....duh

Man, you are not even clarifying local admin or domain admin....you're not qualified to have admin rights on your company's stuff, you're obviously not authorized to and you likely have no reason to have it.

Yes, you can get fired and depending on what you do...you can face legal issues. Take everyone's advice and let it be.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement