Ok... GoldWave would work... but I'm scared. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Ok... GoldWave would work... but I'm scared.

So my AIW 9600XT came in today, all's well, and I can play my console games through it without that annoying delay the add-on cards had. Good deal. It also has an FM tuner on it. So what I want to do is record Russ Martin every day, so I can actually get to listen to the show without various interruptions due to the job. The default recording mode is mp3 at 224kbps, 44khz, stereo. That's way more than necissary for fm recording, but I don't see any way to change that setting, so what I'm looking at doing is converting the recording to 56kbps/22khz/stereo. Converting for storage, cause I may not have a chance to listen every day, and don't want huge mp3 files taking up all my space. 56/22 at 4+ hours should be around 100megs still.

Now, I could just use GoldWave, but I know how long it takes converting a 5 minute song. 4+ hours frightens me. Anyone know of anything, preferably free, but "free" works too, that will quickly re-compress mp3's to various compression levels?

Nevermind, CDex. Of course. Convert > Re-encode Compressed Audio File(s). Will be trying that out on tomorrow's show

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 10:44 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Why did you post all of that if you were just going to say nevermind at the end?

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Figured I'd leave it as an answer to anyone who might also be wondering the same thing

That, and decided since I'd taken the time to write it all out (originally the ending was going to say that I haven't tried CDex yet, because I haven't installed it. But decided to install it and check before posting), figured I might as well not let it be a total waste of time

DarkWolf

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 07:00 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Just giving you a hard time Jay. At least you didn't ask how to convert mp3 to cd or vice versa.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

DarkWolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement