how do you transfer one account to another (X-box live, x-box to x-box) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
PVC Racing

how do you transfer one account to another (X-box live, x-box to x-box)

What I'm wanting to do is to be able to put my brother account on his X-box now. His account right now is on my x-box and he is wanting to put it on his. How do you do this. I know there is a way just not for sure how.

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Time Served

turn on his xbox eject the game then push B get on the select account screen goto bottom, Account Recovery, push A ,then A again ,then enter the imformation that it asks for.

then to get rid of the account out of your xbox goto the memory by turning on xbox eject the game push B then B again goto the top push on the memory tab push A then A again go all the way down to xbox live accounts go over to the gamertag that you want to delete and Push A then you done Any more Questions feel free to ask,
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
PVC Racing

heck I figured it out. But thanks anyways

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Raiden Wins

Hopefully I'll be doing the same thing soon to get my brother off my Xbox.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 04:18 PM

actually it is better (to me) if you don't do account recovery. i play h2 at many different locations so it is best for me to have it on a memory card. by doing account recovery, your xbl info is good ONLY on the box that you recover on, if your xbl stuff is on any other box, it is no longer valid. i reccomend just copying your info onto a memory card, that way you can take it wherever you'd like.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Raiden Wins

So if you have it on a memory card and put it on another Xbox you can play it on another xbox without disabling it on your original one?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 01:41 PM

you just copy the info from the box to the memory card, delete the account that is on the box, and then you never have to put your info on another box as long as you have that memory card. you just keep the memory card in your controller and take your controller with you if you are going to play somewhere else. the box will automatically detect your XBL info from the memory card whenever the controller is plugged in. now you never have to worry about somebody else getting on your account or not being able to play somewhere else without your box. just remember to set up a password on the account when you copy it to the memory card. that way if you lose it, nobody else can get on your account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement