avi to vcd/dvd? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

avi to vcd/dvd?

My dad is a huge fan of the show "24" so I dl'ed most of the new episodes (season 4 (4x01 - 4x08)). Anyways he wants me to burn them on a DVD or make a VCD of the episodes so he can watch them on his TV.
I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition, and I have tried just draggin and dropping but that didn't work.
Is there a certain way I have to do this type of stuff? I'm new to the whole burning DVD's and stuff. I usually just burn music cd's or .iso's.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 04:02 PM
98 SVT Cobra

When I got home tonight and have more time I will post up.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

hell yeah thanks!

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 05:08 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Here, this link right here tells you several different ways to do what you want. Gives you guides and tells you the software that you need. Pick the easiest one for you. I believe there are a couple that use free software. Any questions let me know.

http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?...or+List+Guides

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

okay I somewhat get it. I need to encode the .avi file to .vcd or .mpeg for use on my home DVD players? What can YOU tell me about authoring?
and how do i burn an .img file it's a DVD rip.
I couldn't find info on that.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 05:39 PM
98 SVT Cobra

You know what dude, unless I have a different Nero than you, you should be able to do it. I opened up Nero Express and selected VideoCD and them added my file. I just burned the first episode of 24 with no problems. It tells me that I need to have Nero Ultra Edition but it burns it anyway. What error are you getting when you try to do it?

Disclaimer:
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

I have Nero 6.6.0.6 Enterprise Edition (to my understanding it's better then the Ultra)
I open up Nero StartSmart, and click on VCD
When I drag and drop the file (24 - 4x07), it tells me I need the ultra edition package, and due to patent laws with mpeg4 or something like that.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 05:45 PM
98 SVT Cobra

You have the same version I have. I am guessing you got it the same way I did. Anyway, just go ahead and hit OK when that box comes up and continue on. It should encode your file and burn without a hitch.

Disclaimer:
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

you have the enterprise edition?
well it's 82% done right now, so I'll see when it finishes. I just got Nero today, I was using Roxio, and i used three cd's on failed attempts to make a vcd.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 07:05 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Yep, thats the one I have. 6.6.0.6. So, how did it burn?

Disclaimer:
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

well it burned okay, but my DVD player is supposed to support VCD and SVCD, it even says so in the maual, but whenever I put in it (haha) it says no disc.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 07:44 PM
98 SVT Cobra

It has got to be the player then. I have burned it twice this evening, both VDC and SVCD, and both have worked. Have your tried both formats?

Disclaimer:
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

yeah I have. SVCD and VCD.
The player is supposed to play them it says so in the manual. god damn sony.
any idea on how I can burn an .img file?

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:32 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Are you burning the avi to a vcd/svcd? That might be the problem. I think you have to use mpeg for making vcd/svcd. Haven't messed with it in years though, so maybe the newer software can convert it on the fly.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

yeah when it starts out as an .AVI but when I burn with NERO it converts it

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

Moondog, you said you burned the first episode of 24, did you play it in your DVD player? If so, what kind is it?

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:46 PM
KOTS

I use Vegas Movie studio 4.0 to convert all my video files to vcd. They work on my cheap $30 dvd player. You can find the program through a torrent no problem.

95 Turbo GT - Pee yellow
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

will look

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 05:18 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Are you burning the avi to a vcd/svcd? That might be the problem. I think you have to use mpeg for making vcd/svcd. Haven't messed with it in years though, so maybe the newer software can convert it on the fly.
Yeah, it does it on the fly now, Jay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
Moondog, you said you burned the first episode of 24, did you play it in your DVD player? If so, what kind is it?
Yeah, I played it in my cheap 5 year old Daewoo with no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedGT
I use Vegas Movie studio 4.0 to convert all my video files to vcd. They work on my cheap $30 dvd player. You can find the program through a torrent no problem.
I have never worked with this software. I have only heard good things about it though.

Disclaimer:
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Lifer

Here check this site http://www.videohelp.com/ left nav bar has "dvd players" and you can search for your model player and see what it will really play.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Time Served

Just FYI, you can get (buy or rent) "24" on DVD as well. A lot of the TV shows are being released on DVD, thank god also the good old ones. I just received my copy of the original (British) "Men Behaving Badly" seasons 1 & 2.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 09:30 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami
Just FYI, you can get (buy or rent) "24" on DVD as well. A lot of the TV shows are being released on DVD, thank god also the good old ones. I just received my copy of the original (British) "Men Behaving Badly" seasons 1 & 2.
Yeah but he is wanting to burn the current season (4).

Disclaimer:
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

I just finished watching them right now too.
Episodes 4x01 - 4x08, I hooked my computer to my Wega (S-video). That show is fucking bad ass!!! I watched them all in one sitting. Only got up to cook dinner shrimp, catfish nuggets, and white rice. Possibly the best night I've had outta the whole week! Gonna go pick up some DVD-Rs tommorow, and burn them to that. I know for a FACT my dvd player plays those. Thanks for all the help guys!

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 11:32 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Had you never seen this show before? It is by far in my opinion the best show on tv. I have the first and third season on DVD, still need to get the second.

Disclaimer:
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
fuckcanada

nope!

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 09:26 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

I still need to check out 24 someday. Alias is my favorite show.

I *might* get 2-3 hours of TV watching in, in a week, and one of those is Alias

DarkWolf
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 11:57 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Thumbs up

Jennifer Gardner is my future wife.

You definitly need to check it out sometime Jay. I have a couple seasons on DVD if you want to borrow them.

Disclaimer:
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
You might have to battle with Ben Atleg then...
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 05:03 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami
You might have to battle with Ben Atleg then...
Aflack's a pussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog

You definitly need to check it out sometime Jay. I have a couple seasons on DVD if you want to borrow them.
Hahaha, I hear ya bro

And that would be cool, I might just have to take ya up on that offer one of these days when I've got some time to actually watch 'em I borrowed Soprano's season 1 from a friend... had it for about 4 months... only watched 4 episodes That's another show I still need to catch up on... that and Six Feet Under.

DarkWolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement