So a long time I ago I used to run an anonymous proxy... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
So a long time I ago I used to run an anonymous proxy...

I had one setup for just a few users so they could browse websites at work. Well one of them gave the link out or it was found out by refer logs and it got passed around the web. I started noticing a shit load of hits from middle eastern sites, and lots of israeli based ip addresses so I took it down. I finally got sick of seeing 404 errors on my weblogs, so instead of just putting up a blank page I decided to get crafty. The following is a link to said page, its not WW, but I wouldnt load it at work with your sound on. I put some 'bad words' in the title, so watch out if your work proxy pick that stuff up.

http://abecx.net/cgi-bin/cgiproxy/nph-proxy.pl

I'm listed on this page, and probably some others:
http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

Just from today, I have recieved over 2800 hits to this link alone.

AbecX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 09:37 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
I had one setup for just a few users so they could browse websites at work. Well one of them gave the link out or it was found out by refer logs and it got passed around the web. I started noticing a shit load of hits from middle eastern sites, and lots of israeli based ip addresses so I took it down. I finally got sick of seeing 404 errors on my weblogs, so instead of just putting up a blank page I decided to get crafty. The following is a link to said page, its not WW, but I wouldnt load it at work with your sound on. I put some 'bad words' in the title, so watch out if your work proxy pick that stuff up.

http://abecx.net/cgi-bin/cgiproxy/nph-proxy.pl

I'm listed on this page, and probably some others:
http://www.freeproxy.ru/en/free_proxy/cgi-proxy.htm

Just from today, I have recieved over 2800 hits to this link alone.


that kicks ass!! 2800 hits.. lmao.
trey85stang is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Boss
 
SVTbasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 1,034
Whats with all the hits from the middle eastern sites?
SVTbasher is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 02:31 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,853
Thumbs up

LMMFAO... Even with the warning, i forgot to turn my sound down Sweet jesus, i almost had an epileptic seizure and heart attack.

you should put that up in tons of forums/threads. hiliarity to ensue


mind if i put that link in my sig for further entertainment?
11B2V_Mike is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B2V_Mike
LMMFAO... Even with the warning, i forgot to turn my sound down Sweet jesus, i almost had an epileptic seizure and heart attack.

you should put that up in tons of forums/threads. hiliarity to ensue


mind if i put that link in my sig for further entertainment?
The swf file is http://abecx.net/busted.swf

AbecX is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 03:12 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 711
the proxy link didnt do anything but the swf file did.
88LX50 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯
 
AbecX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Las Colinas
Posts: 25,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88LX50
the proxy link didnt do anything but the swf file did.
Fixed for people that do not use an RFC compliant browser.

AbecX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome