Alliance > Blizzard Servers - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Alliance > Blizzard Servers

So we went on a raid for the Crossroads. Four completely full raid parties, and a fifth with some stragglers. We march to Xroads, enter the city bows a blazing...everything freezes. No one can move, attack, hell we can't even die.

I stumble around for the next 30 minutes until I can't take it then I stone back to IF.

I don't see how battlegrounds are going to work AT ALL, if this was the result of only 250 or so people meeting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 09:32 PM
fuckcanada

i really want to get this game, but i afraid it wont be worth because I hear the servers are having a lot of "down time" and I here the lag is sometimes unbearable.
I know my comp can handle mostly any game right now, but lag kills even the best comps.
Are the servers really that bad?

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Lifer

Right now Roliath, YES. Hell you can't go walking around a high pop. PvP server in the friggin' woods without getting some lag. Blizzard supposedly had WoW pulled from the shelves or isn't making anymore of the game (don't know which), until they get everything settled. They just did some stuff to the servers this last week and I hope they do more to fix this, it's crap.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 11:00 PM
Lifer

I am on Blackhand and it is sooo friggin laggy, we we renamed the towns Stormlag and Lagforge. Its really bad when 30 other servers are down and everone jumps on ours. I lag really bad in the big PVP events also.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Gunga galunga

if your not running a gig of ram its not lag, my buddies computer has a faster connection than my DSL same processor, graphics card and ram he just has 512 and its like night and day compared to my computer with 1gig, its nearly unbearable playing on his computer. I've never had lag trouble even in large PVP battles. I was watching my ram load while palying WOW and it uses about 900MB of physical memory... The servers have been really good, atleast the same if not better than any other MMO and blizzard is supporting more players...

BTW: The Horde is the shit, god damn alliance making the servers crash

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
i really want to get this game, but i afraid it wont be worth because I hear the servers are having a lot of "down time" and I here the lag is sometimes unbearable.
I know my comp can handle mostly any game right now, but lag kills even the best comps.
Are the servers really that bad?

You cant get it now... it has been pulled from the shelves. I went looking for it earlier this week.. no where to be found.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 09:37 AM
fuckcanada

yeah I found that out last week, you can order online from blizzard, it's occasionally in stock there

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 05:16 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

You guys have to realize that there is about 150k other people logged in at the same time, they have to load balance all these users, and keep all the data concurrent so stuff doesnt get desynched. Let alone the fact they host game servers for a ton of other software titles. I feel sorry for them, they've never been able to get the lag situtation fixed because of game popularity.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement