Frontpage 2002 help!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Frontpage 2002 help!!!

Im designing a site, but I cant figure out how to get the page to look right in all resolutions... im an designing it on a 21" monitor at 1280x1024 and it looks good at the res... but at 800x600 nothing lines up on the screen... any ideas?

Take a look:

http://www.sellurhousefast.com/MA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhv
Im designing a site, but I cant figure out how to get the page to look right in all resolutions... im an designing it on a 21" monitor at 1280x1024 and it looks good at the res... but at 800x600 nothing lines up on the screen... any ideas?

Take a look:

http://www.sellurhousefast.com/MA
You need to design it at 1024x768, or 800x600 for easy veiwing to all... OR you need to design the site in all differnt resolutions.. and give the option of selecting a link to the desired res.

I do not htink there is any easy way to do what you are doing.. but I am no web expert either.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey85stang
You need to design it at 1024x768, or 800x600 for easy veiwing to all... OR you need to design the site in all differnt resolutions.. and give the option of selecting a link to the desired res.

I do not htink there is any easy way to do what you are doing.. but I am no web expert either.
I used a template to design the site at http://www.sellurhousefast.com and it is compatable with all resolutions... theres got to be a way!

Daniel

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 06:16 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Looks like you've got it set up for a fixed width, so it shouldn't change due to the resolution. What exactly is wrong that you're seeing?

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Looks like you've got it set up for a fixed width, so it shouldn't change due to the resolution. What exactly is wrong that you're seeing?
Well, if you view the page in 1280x1024 it is centered and looks fine... if u look at it in 800x600 or less, its not centered in explorer.... if i set it up for a fixed width, is there an easy way to change it so it is universal to all resolutions?

Daniel
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

ok, now i have learned what i am trying to do... i just dont know how to do it.... its called Cascading Styles Sheet.... any ideas?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 09:55 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Wow, that got way fucked up. Let's try that again:

HTML Code:
<div style="position: absolute; top: 15; left: 212; width: 752; height: 916">
I think that line might be your problem. It's near the top, under the body tag. Rather than making a fixed width table centered, it's put it in a layer that is fixed to a certain position. (Go Frontpage! [img]images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img])

In this case, it's 15 pixels from the top of the browser, and 212 pixels from the left. It's preventing it from getting any closer to the left edge when the resolution get's smaller.

Try replacing that line with:

HTML Code:
<div align="center">
Also in the body tag, set it to:

HTML Code:
<body background="background.JPG" leftmargin="0" topmargin="15">
That will keep the design 15 pixels from the top, but should allow it to shift left/right depending on the resolution.

3rd times a charm?

DarkWolf
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 09:59 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

And also, you really don't need to worry about CSS right at the moment. Once you learn a bit more how html works, then you can get into other things like CSS. Without really knowing how html works, CSS will end up frustrating you.

DarkWolf
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
And also, you really don't need to worry about CSS right at the moment. Once you learn a bit more how html works, then you can get into other things like CSS. Without really knowing how html works, CSS will end up frustrating you.

but once you get html down, css will make a world of difference in website design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement