So my mini ipod came in on monday - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

So my mini ipod came in on monday

And all I can say is .... WOW. This device is so awesome, definatly high quality. I've never bought an apple product before, and this thing just put some points in their favor for me. The sound output is nuts, I mean it probably puts out equal to a high end creative card. I have a pretty sensitive air and always notice high hats, bass, and basically the entire spectrum of sound ( minus vocals ). Most sound cards and mp3 players in general will screw up everything above and below a certain range of hertz, but not this device. I've been listening to the same metal cd's for 6 or 7 months now and I can tell you all the quams when I listen to them in the computer or the car, listening to them on this device is just a HUGE difference, its like listening to them for the first time. The 4GB storage space holds about 600 songs in the 256k quality range which is about 30 or 40 albums. The cost was $250 off amazon ( got mine for free from work ). Definatly recommend to anyone that wants a portable mp3 player.

Oh an one more thing, the interface is very intuitive, once you get it down, you can browse through all your songs very effectively.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 05:24 AM
Wolverines!!!

Im looking into one after I replace my laptop screen. Ive been on a big quality kick after I picked up my new Harmon/Kardon reciever for the house. That thing is awesome
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:03 AM
No, I don't have a turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
Im looking into one after I replace my laptop screen. Ive been on a big quality kick after I picked up my new Harmon/Kardon reciever for the house. That thing is awesome
Amen.. last year, an iPod for my wife..

This year, picked up a Harmon/Kardon AVR 330 and it makes me want to upgrade everything else now..

Punxsutawney Jesus, Illuminati Elitist

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:06 AM
How you doin'

hmm...i might get one of those. i just bought a creative 256mb mp3 player for ~$100 @ wal-mart, and for as much space as you get for that extra $150, it's a bargain!

brad
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:47 AM
not exclude

My gf just got one, it's pretty badass. I don't like the file recognition though, I need to go through and fix a ton of my meta tags, the IPOD won't even recognize them. It would be nice if there was no tag, it would recognize the file name.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
My gf just got one, it's pretty badass. I don't like the file recognition though, I need to go through and fix a ton of my meta tags, the IPOD won't even recognize them. It would be nice if there was no tag, it would recognize the file name.
its id3 tag, not meta tag

It serves a very good purpose, it sorts your music by artist, genre, album, etc...

Anytime I rip a cd I own, I always have it connect to CDDB to get all the info correct on the id3 tag.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
its id3 tag, not meta tag

It serves a very good purpose, it sorts your music by artist, genre, album, etc...

Anytime I rip a cd I own, I always have it connect to CDDB to get all the info correct on the id3 tag.
Lol, its one of the 92834098234 different tags those files can have. Anywho, I know it serves a purpose, but a lot of my music doesn't register with CDDB for whatever reason, so for me...it's annoying.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Lifer

The Ipod is good and all but the Itune sucks ass. They could of did a better job everything else is top notch.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYoung347x
The Ipod is good and all but the Itune sucks ass. They could of did a better job everything else is top notch.
without a doubt. The itunes software is junk, but luckily there is a bunch of third party linux apps that work

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Lifer

Yup I got my first Ipod last week and at the same time I threw in a Alpine CDA-9835 head unit in my truck with a Ipod interface. All I gotta do is hook up the interface to my Ipod and I have a 20 gig cd changer
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Time Served

iTunes works great for me....no problems....easy to use!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement