Questions about a new digi camera - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Questions about a new digi camera

OK guys my mom went and got herself a Fuji Finepix S5100 digi cam and its a cool camera but when I went to her house to install the software on her Win ME system I had problems. After the install I plugged the camera in and started it up and the "unplug/eject" icon came on down in the system tray but the "Finepix Viewer" software didnt automatically come up like it was supposed to. I screwed with it and made sure everything was checked showing "automatically transfer pics on connection" but nothing. I even tried finding a manual way to get the pics from the camera to the PC but none. I brought everything to my house and installed everything into my Win XP box and it works great, what gives? Is there something Im missing about Win ME??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 04:15 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

If that little icon is on you should be able to transfer files via windows explorer. Just right click the start button and click explore all users, click on the new drive in the windows explorer menu (it installs as an external hard drive) and find the photos. Then do the same windows explorer thing again, find a spot to put the pictures on your machine. Click on one of the photos, press ctrl+a and then drag and drop the photos onto your machine. I use memory sticks and it works fine for me.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
If that little icon is on you should be able to transfer files via windows explorer. Just right click the start button and click explore all users, click on the new drive in the windows explorer menu (it installs as an external hard drive) and find the photos. Then do the same windows explorer thing again, find a spot to put the pictures on your machine. Click on one of the photos, press ctrl+a and then drag and drop the photos onto your machine. I use memory sticks and it works fine for me.
Ill have to see if I can do that next time I go over there. I did a google search and found some people that had to remove Real Player to get their Finepix viewers to work properly, weird. Something about the two programs conflicting with one another. I also told my mom to remove all the old Canon and Kodak prgrams she had and try that. We will see but thanks for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement