WoW Updates - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

WoW Updates

Where are you guys now? Enjoy all the new Xmas decor?

I just passed 38 and am working mostly in Stranglethorn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 05:21 PM
CFH

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Lifer

only lvl 18 undead warlock here. No internet on my computer because of my parents' charter cable crap (trying to figure out how to network it to my computer right now), or I wont have internet to my computer until after the 1st . Their computer is an old 366mhz so it can't really do anything now except for internet.

Mining and engineering are really cool i found out. I'm stuck in Silverpine forrest until I can get back on the net hit 20 and blow through some quests.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 05:54 AM
Long Live T.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I just passed 38 and am working mostly in Stranglethorn.
damn u play alot

I am at level 25 shammy ...I am trying to get 100% rep in all cities right now..about to get it in Thunderbluff and Rachet..

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
damn u play alot

I am at level 25 shammy ...I am trying to get 100% rep in all cities right now..about to get it in Thunderbluff and Rachet..
The rep thing goes further.

Once you fill the bar, it will jump to "Honored". After you fill the Honored bar, it will jump to "Exhaulted". Then there is one more after that.

I'm Honored in the three major cities, which gives me a 10% discount at all vendors. When you hit the exhaulted status, you can buy other races' mounts.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 04:29 AM
Long Live T.S.

ya I read about that .......as for the mounts .....my Kudo will be fine for me ...

do you ever see the vendors that sell non- attacking animals

like I have a whistle that calls a parie dog and a snake that will just follow me around..they dont attack or anything just my pets that follow me around lol

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
not exclude

Got my mount tonight
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Long Live T.S.

holy crap!! ...have you got honor anywhere yet?? I am in two cities now.....also did u read that u can get alliance or horde mounts

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
not exclude

I am honored in all the alliance cities and in Stranglethorn.

I know you can get mounts from other races of your side once you hit exhaulted status, but I havn't heard anything about mounts from the opposing faction.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Lifer

hell i get to summon my own mount at lvl 40, go warlocks! I see a lot of people on the WoW forums complain about the PvP of warlocks, apparently they aren't that good except under the right conditions. right now still can't play because of my parent's crappy internet , but next week I'll be back to ~8 hours a day for 2 weeks

I really wish blizzard gets a patch that evens out the strength of the classes pretty soon. I also can't wait for battlegrounds, the supposed hero classes, and supposedly there are whispers that an expansion is due out in a few months or something along that line (search "the exiled" )
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcrazy
hell i get to summon my own mount at lvl 40, go warlocks! I see a lot of people on the WoW forums complain about the PvP of warlocks, apparently they aren't that good except under the right conditions. right now still can't play because of my parent's crappy internet , but next week I'll be back to ~8 hours a day for 2 weeks

I really wish blizzard gets a patch that evens out the strength of the classes pretty soon. I also can't wait for battlegrounds, the supposed hero classes, and supposedly there are whispers that an expansion is due out in a few months or something along that line (search "the exiled" )
Do you still have to pay the 90-100g to get the ability and what not?
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Lifer

nope, just have to quest for it and we get it at lvl 40, no money at all. Paladins also get this type of quest for their "charger"

I'm thinking about slowly leveling up my warlock and starting a new character, either mage or priest, seems like there are a lack of priests on the servers I've played on.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
nope, just have to quest for it and we get it at lvl 40, no money at all. Paladins also get this type of quest for their "charger"

I'm thinking about slowly leveling up my warlock and starting a new character, either mage or priest, seems like there are a lack of priests on the servers I've played on.
Priest is the least played character in all of WoW.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Lifer

i'm not surprised, everyone just thinks you can't solo and all you do is heal people, there are a lot of people on the blizzard/ priest forums that know otherwise
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
not exclude

Only thing I really dislike about priest is that they tend to attract the most aggro while healing. It's annoying to be a general noncombat character who gets attacks the most.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Bite Me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Only thing I really dislike about priest is that they tend to attract the most aggro while healing. It's annoying to be a general noncombat character who gets attacks the most.

they only get aggro when large heals are used.... or like some crazy priests i know go and stand in the middle of the fight....

i just hit lvl 32 and with other priests in my lvl area i can blow them away as a group healer... the only thing that i hate is the 30min delay on rez....
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 05:15 AM
Time Served

About to hit lvl 53 Warlock Garona Server, Horde
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Time Served

how does WoW stack against EQ / EQ2? If im kinda bored with EQ shold I pass on WoW and stick with WW2 Online instead?
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereight
how does WoW stack against EQ / EQ2? If im kinda bored with EQ shold I pass on WoW and stick with WW2 Online instead?
Blows them out of the water, period. The game is nothing new, the ideas have all been in MMORPGs before...but Blizzard implemented them much better than in past. Took the good ideas and improved upon them.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 01:29 AM
Lifer

Not only did Blizzard improve WoW to be probably the best MMORPG out there now (don't know because I haven't played any of the others), the game can be patched so much (to improve the game even further) that it will be an ongoing process for years to come.

Also, a little birdie told me that Blizzard has decided that they will be putting up only a few more servers and then that is it... they will supposedly pull the game from the shelves and the only way to play is buy a key from someone that already bought the game. I know this sounds unreal and I don't know if it's 100% correct information yet, but I'd buy my copy (if you don't already have one) soon just to make sure you have it later.

I'm happy so far, have a 24 dwarf priest on Tichondrius and a 20 undead warlock on Burning Blade. Tomorrow I may start up a shaman, I don't know what race yet, but that will be my next character and will be set up on Stormreaver for Stroked and a few others since they have a guild on that server
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Long Live T.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereight
EQ2 dos have more realalistic graphics ....but from ever review I have read WoW is better..... but EQ does not have Pvp! but I have also heard they are going to add that to EQ......but the war between EQ2 and WoW is no doubt a good one ..but I am bias on WoW ...Blizzard has been to good of a company to its gamers.....

LvL 31 Taruen Shammy - WhisperWind Server - Groda -- FOR THE HORDE!!!!

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Lifer

Just started my Tauren shaman on Stormreaver, level 4 right now, planning on lvl 10-12 by midnight tonight, if not higher. Hey Stroked and Kaji, what are your names? I'm Myrnoth
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 03:10 PM
CFH

Quote:
Just started my Tauren shaman on Stormreaver, level 4 right now, planning on lvl 10-12 by midnight tonight, if not higher. Hey Stroked and Kaji, what are your names? I'm Myrnoth
I'm Dakath (rogue) and Warf (Warrior), Stroked is Arias (shaman).

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Time Served

EQ2 blows, it sure looks nice but thats about it. I played about 2 days before I got fed up. I went ahead and picked up WoW friday night and so far its a hoot. Seems to have gotten a good balance on the combat / downtime thing to keep the action going.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 01:31 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

WoW just got a shitton of cool points. I finally got tired of fucking with viruses all this past week, so I did a format/reinstall last night. Was going to re-install WoW this morning, but it wouldn't install into the same folder, due to the old installation still being there. So I figured I'd just try and see if it'd run without installing before deleting the folder, and hell yeah it does!

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement