why do books gotta cost so damn much - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Fear the lawn gnome

why do books gotta cost so damn much

im trying to find a copy of redhat 9 the linux bible. and its just so damn pricey. and now there is none one ebay. i had some bids on a few but work made me miss out on them. i had three of them going lost each one by 50 cents lmao. oh well just gunna ahve to keep checking.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Recovering Lush

Go to 75% off books....5 dolla!

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Fear the lawn gnome

and where the heck is that. just online somewhere or an actual book store? ive only been able to find it really on amazon and a few other places but the price is nuts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 01:25 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperLS
and where the heck is that. just online somewhere or an actual book store? ive only been able to find it really on amazon and a few other places but the price is nuts.
http://www.75offbookstores.com/
Dallas Area:
~ Dallas
~ Farmers Branch
~ Mesquite
~ Plano

Fort Worth Area:
~ Fort Worth
~ North Richland Hills
Houston Area:
~ Houston on Tomball Pkwy
~ Houston on Westheimer Rd

Austin Area:
~ Austin
Q: Are there some special books that are not as much as 75% off?

A: No. There are no exceptions. Every book is at least 75% off or more. Each store also has a Large Clearance Section with books for only $.99!

Return to Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Is this the place where there are hundreds of $4.99 computer books?

A: Yes it is. Our books in this category have publishers prices up to $69.99. We sell them all at 75% - 90% off!

Return to Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How can you sell new books at these prices?

A: We mostly buy full truckloads of assorted books from publishers. Most of these books are overstocks, some were samples from big trade shows, and a few are books that were slightly bruised in packing or shipping. We get a substantial discount for buying this way and the publishers get to choose which books that they want to send us. Publishers have to guess at how many of a title to publish and even if a book is a great seller they might print 400,000 instead of the 375,000 that were needed for full price bookstores.

Return to Questions

Q: Do you buy or sell used books?

A: No, we decided to stay with only new books because they are more current.

Return to Questions

Q: Do you accept credit cards or personal checks?

A: Most of our locations accept Cash, Checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover & American Express.

Return to Questions

Q: Do you accept school district purchase orders?

A: Yes.

Return to Questions

Q: How often do you get new books?

A: Our warehouse always has thousands of books, so our stores replenish from this new inventory constantly. Each day new titles are added to our stores.

Return to Questions

Q: If some of your books are slightly damaged, what's wrong with them?

A: In almost all cases there is a flaw in the cover such as a bend or some other small blemish.

Return to Questions

Q: Why don't you list the books you have on your web site?

A: Our inventory changes quickly, so we wouldn't want to offer a book that we actually do not have in stock.

Return to Questions

Q: Do you carry textbooks?

A: Very few.

Return to Questions

Q: Do you have a lot of children's books?

A: Yes, each store usually has 200 to 500 children's titles in stock.

Return to Questions

Q: Do you send books to prisons?

A: Yes, many prisons will only accept books which are sent from bookstores, so We provide this service at a cost of $1.00 per book for shipping.

Return to Questions

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Fear the lawn gnome

lmao i did a google for it. guess i should have posted back. thank you very much gunna have to check it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement