NFS Underground 2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

NFS Underground 2

The racing part is fun but the ricer part is killing me.
You have to buy body kits and neon lights to progress.

The ricers even have lame excuses when they lose.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 04:22 PM
fuckcanada

umm, yeah...
I have it for the pc, and the only reason I even play it, is just so I can drive around the city in my Stang, or GTO.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Lyn
Lifer

I've been playing it on X-box. I pretty much like it except for the bullshit street racing. It's not enough to be ahead, you have to some how figure out away to make them wreck or split them at an intersection.

I think the neon is cool but there are some hideous body kits. I have one pimped out Supra and 350Z.

<-------- Hollywood

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 07:01 PM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36D-Girl
I've been playing it on X-box. I pretty much like it except for the bullshit street racing. It's not enough to be ahead, you have to some how figure out away to make them wreck or split them at an intersection.

I think the neon is cool but there are some hideous body kits. I have one pimped out Supra and 350Z.

<-------- Hollywood
I have the game, but have been way too busy to play. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a shot.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
El Camino

i finished it the other day. GT and the GTO are fun. The neon, stereo, and hydraulics are a bit ricey but its still fun

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Z28

The have to use rice in the game. V8 engine cars would make the game too fast to display correctly.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

When will I get a GT, GTO, or Skyline? I'm up to the Eclipse.

Will a Civic with all the mods be as fast as a real car (GT, GTO, Skyline, Supra) with all the mods?

I don't want to waste my money right now on upgrading another car if the Civic will be just as fast.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 12:58 PM
duh...duh....duh

I still use the CIVIC and I am quite a ways through it...waaay past the ability to buy a GT/GTO as an fyi.

My '03 Sold.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

I started out with the 240z, moved to the supra, then moved to the 350z. I purchased the stang but don't use it. It has all the engine upgrades but still doesn't accelerate worth a shit compared to the 350z so I figure why waste more money on it if i'm not going to use it. I have the supra modded more to my taste so the visual rating is not that high. The 350z visual rating is at 9.93. I could put it at 10 if I got some gay ass spinners or the gay ass roof scoop but I refuse to put those two items on the car.
Another reason I didn't bother modding the stang anymore, is because I have the 350z with all the upgrades. It's topped out in acceleration and top speed and almost topped out in handling. I dominate all the races, except drag racing, that shits hard.
I have just about everything unlocked. Only thing i'm waiting on is the skyline and the wide body kits. Everything else is unlocked.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:

You think that is bad, try the "2 Fast 2 Furious" Arcade game. The title should give a hint at how horrible it is.

For some reason on the 2f2f game you add a "wing" for speed.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
I dominate all the races, except drag racing, that shits hard.
lol, it took me a while to figure out that I didn't need to steer the car unless I wanted to make a lane change.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 02:51 PM

Thumbs up i think the game is sweet...

except for the ricer bs......you dont get to get a stang till you complete like 40% of the game....i am close at 34%.....but you guys are right there is soo much ricer bs you have to do your car befor you progress......right now i am saving the cash till i get the 05 stang and then i will dump it all in that...
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
lol, it took me a while to figure out that I didn't need to steer the car unless I wanted to make a lane change.
Yea, luckily I caught the tip when it was loading or I would have had the same problem. It still takes me several tries to win one of those races. I usually avoid them if possible. To me, the easiest races are the drifting ones.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 03:50 PM
El Camino

you've gotta launch at peak rpms and shift at the right times to have a chance at the drags. Don't forget to spray

Quote:
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang2be
you've gotta launch at peak rpms and shift at the right times to have a chance at the drags. Don't forget to spray

Yea, but it's easier said than done, lol. I can usually get the shift points right, but it's the damn launch that kills me most of the time.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 04:21 PM
duh...duh....duh

I think the drags are the easiest. Do as mentioned before, and shift on time. Use the nitrous to stay behind one of the fast cars - swap lanes if needed. Use the rest of the nitrous tthrough 3-4, but you should still be getting "drafting" nitrous build up. Towards the last fourth of the race, bust out, let those "drafting" points turn to nitrous and use it all up.

However, if you are going a considerable amount faster then the lead car from good shifts/luck?? Just pass them and use the nitrous.

The drags are fun to me, but it should be different IMO. Do ricers really drag 1 mile runs???

Take care

My '03 Sold.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Dammit, I won ~10 races last night and only got pulsing neons, blue nitrous purge, and a RX8.

What's the order of cars? I want a real car.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Dammit, I won ~10 races last night and only got pulsing neons, blue nitrous purge, and a RX8.

What's the order of cars? I want a real car.
don't get your hopes up, the stang sucks. You are pretty close to getting it.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:47 PM
duh...duh....duh

RX8 then Mustang...I'm pretty sure. The Mustang does suck ass though. Pissed me off, considering it is supposed to be a good car. You'd think after all the upgrades it would be a good car, I still thought it sucked. The GTO sucked too. I don't think they tried to make American type cars look so good. There is a surprise.

My '03 Sold.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
RX8 then Mustang...I'm pretty sure. The Mustang does suck ass though. Pissed me off, considering it is supposed to be a good car. You'd think after all the upgrades it would be a good car, I still thought it sucked. The GTO sucked too. I don't think they tried to make American type cars look so good. There is a surprise.
Yea, I think the creator of the game is definately a non-domestic guy. I dropped about 15K into the mustang before realizing it wasn't going to stop sucking no matter how much money I threw at it. My 350z owns everything on the roads so it's gravy.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:57 PM
look at em go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
. Do ricers really drag 1 mile runs???

yea, it takes em that long to get to 70
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Alright, when do I get the 350Z?

I'm on Stage 3 and it says I have to win ~30 events. Do I have to run around and find 30 new events or could I do the same ones over and over?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Alright, when do I get the 350Z?

I'm on Stage 3 and it says I have to win ~30 events. Do I have to run around and find 30 new events or could I do the same ones over and over?
What are your sponsors requirements? Fullfill those first. Usually something like 1 circuit, 1 drift, and 1 drag (they should specify which ones on the map or it may not matter) along with 2 or 3 dvd covers or something. Fullfill those obligations first if possible and compete in any URL races available. I started out wiping out all the drifting, circuit and sprint races, all my sponsor obligations and put the new rice shit on your car when it comes out. When your visual rating goes up, then they start bugging you to be on mag covers and dvd's. also, you need to locate the new hidden shops. Find the new shops not lit up on your world map, this will unlock new parts. The colored lights give them away, most are easy to spot. But you should get a new car when you fullfill your sponsor requirements if i'm not mistaken. What cars do you have available right now?
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

I'm up to the RX8. I don't have any good cars except for the Supra. It gave it to me early, so I figured it sucked.

I've completed the required and available url races, but need a bunch of other challenge races. I assume the another url race will pop up as I complete challenge races. I need 7 urls and only completed 1.

Does every new area have a garage, performance, customize, and body shop?

I'm putting way too much effort into this, but driving games are my favorite.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
I'm up to the RX8. I don't have any good cars except for the Supra. It gave it to me early, so I figured it sucked.

I've completed the required and available url races, but need a bunch of other challenge races. I assume the another url race will pop up as I complete challenge races. I need 7 urls and only completed 1.

Does every new area have a garage, performance, customize, and body shop?

I'm putting way too much effort into this, but driving games are my favorite.
If you go into one of your menu's, it will tell you how many hidden shops there are for each area. Each area doesn't have every type of shop. Example, If i'm not mistaken, the jackson heights area does not have a car lot or performance shop, just graphics, body shop and car specialties.
It does sounds like you do need to win some other races. If you've got plenty of money, and are struggling to win races, you may want to go ahead and get the supra. It was the first car I upgraded too and is alot better than the cars they start you off with. I did quiet well with it and by the time the 350 came around, I had so much money, I was able to upgrade the 350 to beyond that of the supra, so I never lost a step. You don't lose your cars when you grab another, so, thats something to keep in mind if you are worried about using another car but don't have the money to upgrade it all at once.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 02:07 PM
duh...duh....duh

I'm pretty sure I have all the shops. When I get off work, I'll take a screenshot and post it. That way you can reference it and save time finding the stupid shops.

My '03 Sold.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
El Camino

look around there should be some screenshots on the internet. I've got one at home I printed off.

Quote:
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 02:59 PM
duh...duh....duh

The one I printed missed like 3/4 of them...I can't get to the normal cheat sites though...so i had to settle.

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement