Application configuration incorrect? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Application configuration incorrect?

This is really beginning to piss me off! Whenever I try to run AdAware or Spybot, my computer won't let me. It keeps telling me that the application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. I've attempted several times to reinstall the programs (which were working at one time), but I keep getting that "application configuration is incorrect" statement.

Also, I cannot download the new version of AOL Security. It goes through the entire process and then, when it's almost (99%) complete, it says something to the effect that "we're sorry you've decided not to finish downloading AOL Security."

I've got spyware all over this damn computer and I can't seem to install and run anything that will get it fixed. I do run the AOL version of spyware removal, but it still allows all the pop-up bullshit.

Anyone know how I can fix this damn thing?

Rob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 06:55 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cele3
Anyone know how I can fix this damn thing?

Rob.
This is easy. Go to the Control Panel and click on Add or Remove Programs. Once it loads select AOL and hit Remove. Restart. Call your nearest DSL or Cable provider. You should now be well on your way to happy surfing.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 08:04 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Find someone with a machine that works, plug your hard drive into it and then run the software from their machine to clean it. Either that or get another hard drive formatted and install all your software, then clean the old one that way.

I've had to do this with several family members machines thanks to internet ignorance. All those handy task bars and bonzi buddies can really screw up your day.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Hmmm

Just wipe your hard drive clean.. and start over.. just dont download freeware programs this time..

2007 Silverado
2000 KX250
2007 1000RR (Trackwhore) Ohlins rear suspension, Ohlins fork springs, sharkskins race plastics, power one race tires, Repsol wheels, Vortex rearsets, PC3, BMC Race Filters
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thanks for the advice. I'll go home and try to implement your ideas. However, I'm a computer moron and may just screw it up even more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement