Access Gurus . . . - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Access Gurus . . .

I'm trying to build a Customer Service database for my work. I'm doing it because basically I'm the only one that has a chance to figure out how to do it, even though I've never used access before The information in the database is basically customer contact information.

Anyway, here's my question: I'm having the program create reports to be emailed to different managers when a button is clicked on the main switchboard. That works fine. However, I want it to clear all the entries that have already been reported, so that they do not show up on any reports that will be sent after. But I don't want to delete those entries from the table.

I hope this makes sense. Can anyone give some advice?

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
I'm trying to build a Customer Service database for my work. I'm doing it because basically I'm the only one that has a chance to figure out how to do it, even though I've never used access before The information in the database is basically customer contact information.

Anyway, here's my question: I'm having the program create reports to be emailed to different managers when a button is clicked on the main switchboard. That works fine. However, I want it to clear all the entries that have already been reported, so that they do not show up on any reports that will be sent after. But I don't want to delete those entries from the table.

I hope this makes sense. Can anyone give some advice?

you will probably need to add the date entry to your query, and just send out "weekly reports"

Add this line to the criteria field - between [Start Date] and [End Date]

once this is added, when you run the query, or any report based off of the quesry you will get a promt to enter the start and end dates of the report.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Bite Me!!!

why would you delete from the database... what happens when someone looses a record... just make a boolean flag field and once the report is printed have it check that field and it will not pull up on the report again.... UNLESS you need to... you delete it your done....

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey85stang
you will probably need to add the date entry to your query, and just send out "weekly reports"

Add this line to the criteria field - between [Start Date] and [End Date]

once this is added, when you run the query, or any report based off of the quesry you will get a promt to enter the start and end dates of the report.

I used "Between ([Customers].[Date Entered]) < Date()-7 And Date()" and it works fine. Thanks for the help

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
I used "Between ([Customers].[Date Entered]) < Date()-7 And Date()" and it works fine. Thanks for the help

sorry.. if I would of known you were dealing with multiple tables ina query.. i would of pointed you into a better direction

Glad it worked for you, depending on how your list is setup though that is not always the best way to do things.

For instance, at a comapny i worked with we did not have repeat customers. But we may have worked for a customer for a few months before it was "finished" and once the job was finished it could be 1-3 months before we were paid for the job. I had to create multiple weekly reports a few dealing with money, and what we called "floating money" which was basically money waiting to be recieved.

All I am saying is make sure what you are looking at is really what you or they need to be looking at
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey85stang
All I am saying is make sure what you are looking at is really what you or they need to be looking at
Well, this is something minor, which is why they don't want to spend the money to have a professional make the database. We're an A/C company and so on the invoice where the customer signs after the tech is done, they have a question: Would you recomend our company to a friend? If they say no, then that invoice gets put in this database. Then a report gets sent to the technician's supervisor. The supervisor then calls the customer and asks them 5 questions as to assertain why they wouldn't recomend us to a friend. Then that gets made into a couple different reports, that's sent to a couple different people.

It's sounds easier than it's turning out to be for some reason, lol. But thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement