What are everyones thoughts on Halo 2? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

What are everyones thoughts on Halo 2?

I hate to start another thread about Halo 2 but I dont feel like sifting through all the pages of the previous thread. What are everyones thoughts currently on Halo 2? I just picked it up and thought about starting up a private game tonight on XBOX live if anyone is interested. What does everyone think about the campaign missions and multiplayer?

O and my username on XBOX live is Las0n. I tried lason and someone already got it even though I thought my name was original
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:14 AM

I think it's ok, but not what I expected from all the hype. Don't get me wrong, I love the improvements that were made to the game, but I just expected more from the hype.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 08:17 AM
I am a Motherfucker

If you dont expect much, you will get more from this game. If you expect a real life first person shooting experience that will change your life forever, go join the millitary.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 10:14 AM
None

Gonna sound bitchy, but oh well. Deal.

Campaign:

Pretty decent storyline, but the Boss stages are too easy. (BTW, I'm playing on Heroic)
Killing a prophet shouldn't be so simple.

I think they overdid it on shadows, sometimes you can't see jack shit.

Threat indicator is stupid in that it is so far off the line of sight that it's basically worthless.

General gameplay,

I hate the drop/wield procedures.
What's up with the fucking you can zoom/aim, but not maintain it while firing.

Availabilty of ammo is wack. Unless you are weilding the weapon, you won't pick up ammo. (Ie Got a needler? better be weilding it while running around to pick up ammo)

For someone in a battle suit, he sure throws grenades like a wuss.

Postives:
Use of vehicles and supporting troops in the campaign. Find a real powerful weapon and trade it with an ally and they will KICK ASS with it.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 10:43 AM
CFH

no zooming pistol = sucks
I like the sword
the graphics are very nice, but a little dark sometimes
story so far is pretty good
new vehicle features are good

Haven't played multiplayer yet, but I wish they would have had more of the maps in the original Halo along with the new ones.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Well I played it for the first time last night and here is what I figured out. Im with Jedi on the drop/weild procedure, it seems to take too long to do anything BUT I have to disagree with the only way to pick up ammo is to weild the weapon at that time. When I was doing the giant spider part I was using the bazooka and while running around with that I was picking up SMG rounds even though I wasnt weilding it. I also agree the shadows are a little overdone but it didnt really bother me. Another problem that I had with the game was the lack of new vehicles. Sure, they had a few new ones but I guess I was just expecting more.

What blew me away was when I did the first Arbiter mission. I was wondering why it was showing all the cutscenes with the arbiter and then I got to play as him, that was VERY cool. I dont mind playing as Master Chief but a little change is always good. That is where I stopped last night, right after my first encounter with the flood as the arbiter.

I havent played multiplayer yet because I was so into the campaign but I will tonight.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Time Served

ive got mixed feelings for it, i like it alot more than the first thats for sure, i like the multiplayer option really nice. co/op game with a friend makes it a little too easy, gets a little repetative and boring. the controls im not used to xbox, im too used to my computer controls, takes me a second to aim and shoot, other than that i love the game, best game i have played in a long time for the x box. havent tryed xbox live yet, going to buy live tonight. what all do i need to get playing xbox live tonight?

INTERNET WARRIORS ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT AND FOUNDING MEMBER
MEMBER #1

Everyone except the people i know need to fuck off
"The devils greatest trick of all time was making people believe he didnt exist"

2004 Suzuki GSXR 600
2004 Honda CRF 50 (88cc big bore kit)
2000 GMC sonoma (slammed)
1993 Yamaha FZR 600 (RIP)
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm Yer Huckleberry

the more i play it the better it seems to be. I dont like how you dont get hurt from high falls, and how there is no health. Campaign is okay. I mostly play multiplayer with friends and or online

2008 GMC Sierra 1500
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2009 HD Street Glide
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 01:45 PM
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason
I have to disagree with the only way to pick up ammo is to weild the weapon at that time.
I didn't play the original HALO so I thought playing both sides of the story was a carryover. If it is a new part, it is a very cool addition. I didn't want to sound liek a total noob

I'll have to look at the ammo gain again. I just always seemed out of or low on ammo and it was pissing me off.

The sword is the final word in close combat. Every boss I've taken down so far as the Arbiter was with the sword.

I also like the autohoming projectiles and the ability to lock on to targets with the rocket launcher. The plasma grenades and their ability to adhere to a mob is pretty slick.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi
I also like the autohoming projectiles and the ability to lock on to targets with the rocket launcher. The plasma grenades and their ability to adhere to a mob is pretty slick.
Yup, Im just flat deadly wielding 2 needlers, that how I have been playing Arbiter mostly. Also I didnt know you could lock on with the rocket launcher, that would have saved me a few head aches last night, lol. The sord is nice and I like it but IMO by the time you get right up on them they are already blasting you unless you sneak up on them cloaked which is also a cool feature.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Lifer

For some reason, I'm stuck on the first damn level. Where something keeps moving up and down... I dunno There's a door on each side that you can't get through.

'96 GT - Sold
'04 F150 SCrew
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 11:08 PM
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nx96gt
For some reason, I'm stuck on the first damn level. Where something keeps moving up and down... I dunno There's a door on each side that you can't get through.

You mean the joystick calibration level? hahaha
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Horsepower Extractor

I love it and if you want to get your arse handed to you... come find me.

Deuce 66
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You mean the joystick calibration level? hahaha

LMAO!!

No, I figured it out. Thanks, though.

I was playing coop and didn't realize we both had to be in the doorway for the doors to open.

'96 GT - Sold
'04 F150 SCrew
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 01:22 AM
None

Final critique:

THE ENDING SUCKS!

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 12:08 PM

Yes, it does, but the game is still awesome.

Bring on Half Life 2!!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Final critique:

THE ENDING SUCKS!

OMFG, I just beat it in 3 days and the ending DID suck! What kind of ending is that?!?!?!?!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 03:18 PM
CFH

All I know is they better bring out Halo 3 a lot sooner than it took them to make Halo 2.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaji
All I know is they better bring out Halo 3 a lot sooner than it took them to make Halo 2.
Yeah and they better make it one HELL of a game too. Im rather disappointed in this one's campaign mission. Multiplayer is cool but I have only played one game and I got my ass handed to me bigtime. I love playing multiplayer but I suck at it . O well, thank goodness for San Andreas, at least I got something to play and has some kind of challange to it.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 08:27 PM
None

Evidently the ending on Legendary is a bit different or has extra stuff. I played heroic, but legendary, hell...I never made it 5 secs past the initial battle.

i'll wait for the cheats.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Yeah I was going to ask about the ending on hero and legendary but I didnt want to spoil the ending for everyone else talking about the differences. Either way it sucks and has no closure. O, and all the battling at the end in pitch black rooms SUCKED! I think I just started hitting the button and didnt stop untill all the red "blips" on the radar were gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement