What's a temp gauge that I can.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

What's a temp gauge that I can..

Put in my case, lets say in the slots directly underneath my cd drives?

I'd like to keep tabs on the temperatures inside my case. I just don't know what to look for.

TiA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:42 AM
Time Served

Here's a few options.

Cooling Control Panels

I had a Thermaltake control panel in my last unit and loved it. I sold that unit but I think I am going with one of the Aerocool units next. I like being able to quiet all my fans down during normal use and then crank em up for intense gaming. The multiple temp sensors give you a good idea where there are airflow problems also.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmh165638
Here's a few options.

Cooling Control Panels

I had a Thermaltake control panel in my last unit and loved it. I sold that unit but I think I am going with one of the Aerocool units next. I like being able to quiet all my fans down during normal use and then crank em up for intense gaming. The multiple temp sensors give you a good idea where there are airflow problems also.
There are some cool control panels there. I have 7 (!)(4 front, 1 side, 2 rear) 80mm case fans mounted. And believe it or not, it's not loud, at all. I'm not sure if I wan't to complicate things with a Panel Controller, tho. My shit's already got wires everywhere.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Time Served

A controller will definately add to the wiring mess. I spent hours on my last unit tying up all the wires and putting in neon tubing. I have ten case fans right now but I hope to swap them out for 120mm and cut it down to 5. Good luck.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
A controller will definately add to the wiring mess. I spent hours on my last unit tying up all the wires and putting in neon tubing. I have ten case fans right now but I hope to swap them out for 120mm and cut it down to 5. Good luck.
Damn! What case do you have? And I thought I had a shitload with 7!

I can add a 120mm, but I'd have to use a 80mm to 120mm adapter. I'm happy with what I have now tho, I don't OC anything anyways. But it would be nice to have that controller, tho.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:10 PM
fuckcanada

how are your temps with all those damn fans??

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Time Served

They stay very cool. I am overclocking my XP2700 quite a bit and slightly overclocking my 6800GT video card. My Gigabyte motherboard is known to read about 10 degree higher temps than most other boards due to the sensor locations. That is why I want to get another fan/temp control panel. My system idle temp is usually around 31C in a warm room and my cpu idle temp is around 56C.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

I have no idea what the temps are inside my case, but I'm not Overclocking anything. I seriously doubt they are too high. I'm contemplating liquid cooling, but I dunno if I want to deal with the maintenence issue.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 01:54 AM
fuckcanada

Quote:
They stay very cool. I am overclocking my XP2700 quite a bit and slightly overclocking my 6800GT video card. My Gigabyte motherboard is known to read about 10 degree higher temps than most other boards due to the sensor locations. That is why I want to get another fan/temp control panel. My system idle temp is usually around 31C in a warm room and my cpu idle temp is around 56C.
Is that CPU idle accurate?? Or is it because of what you said about your mobo reading the temp higher then what it is...
Becuase if that is accurate DAMN! that shit aint gonna last a lot longer.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Time Served

No, they aren't normal compared to what you see on other motherboards. When I first got my Gigabyte motherboard I was worried that my heatsink/fan wasn't working right. I lapped the heatsink and it helped but not enough. I upgraded to the Volcano 12 and the temps were still to high. Did a lot of research on the web and found a bunch of people with the same problem on this mobo. They came out with a bios update to fix the problem but it didn't help. I can put the chip in my Asus mobo and it runs 45C idle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement