How to burn... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Proud to be from N.R.H. so F off Talisman
Posts: 882
How to burn...

a dvd i have a dvd burner on my computer but cant figure out how to use it i have the nero 6 program but everytime i try to copy one of my dvds it says that it is copy protected??? is there a way to get around this ?
also i have downloaded some movies they are mostly .avi and it will not burn them either
any help ??
thanks in advance
John
rebeljj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Proud to be from N.R.H. so F off Talisman
Posts: 882
T T T
rebeljj is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Proud to be from N.R.H. so F off Talisman
Posts: 882
T T T
rebeljj is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Bite Me!!!
 
I Stang U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: A new Beast in Town!!
Posts: 2,457
its been gone over MANY time here


https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/search.php


that is probably the most useful link you will ever get ;-)
I Stang U is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Lifer
 
Lason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: arlington
Posts: 11,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Stang U
its been gone over MANY time here


https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/search.php?


that is probably the most useful link you will ever get ;-)
I just did a search for "burn dvd" and "backup dvd" and it came up with crap. Can someone give him a REAL answer instead of use the search tool? Im wondering the same thing. The one thing Im wondering about backing up a DVD is how to do it without dual layer media since there isnt enough space on a regular DVD to burn everything over.
Lason is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Bite Me!!!
 
I Stang U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: A new Beast in Town!!
Posts: 2,457
thats why you probably don't burn dvd's to complicated... learn how to search


search for dvd under the computer forum and you will find more information than you can take in....


damn I wish people knew how to use the internet....
I Stang U is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Lifer
 
Lason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: arlington
Posts: 11,144
Once again, anyone with any REAL answers?

**EDIT** I just did a search as IStangU said to and didnt see anything about copyright protection. I did see someone post up about DVD shrink that may help me but still nothing on getting past the copyright protection. I know I did use a trail version of FOX-something and it worked great for getting by the copyright protection. I just cant remember what the full name of the proggy was.

Last edited by Lason; 10-08-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Lason is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 10:24 PM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason
Once again, anyone with any REAL answers?

**EDIT** I just did a search as IStangU said to and didnt see anything about copyright protection. I did see someone post up about DVD shrink that may help me but still nothing on getting past the copyright protection. I know I did use a trail version of FOX-something and it worked great for getting by the copyright protection. I just cant remember what the full name of the proggy was.
DVD Shrink will bypass copy protection. If for some reason it won't, DVD Decrypter most certainly will. Both of these are free. Check out this link. http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/category/3/77/59/

By the way, this has been gone over in the past. The thread may have been lost a few months back when the server was attacked.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Proud to be from N.R.H. so F off Talisman
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
DVD Shrink will bypass copy protection. If for some reason it won't, DVD Decrypter most certainly will. Both of these are free. Check out this link. http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/category/3/77/59/

By the way, this has been gone over in the past. The thread may have been lost a few months back when the server was attacked.
ok this works but how what program can i use to burn files that i have downloaded off of the internet
thanks
John
rebeljj is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 10:41 AM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeljj
ok this works but how what program can i use to burn files that i have downloaded off of the internet
thanks
John
First they have to be converted to a DVD compliant mpeg file. TMPGEnc will do the trick. http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html and here is a guide for it. http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/52/59/

Then it must be authored, TMPGEnc DVD Author is what I use. http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html and here is the guide. http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/53/59/ There is a cost to DVD Author ($70) but there is a "fix" out there for testing purposes.

After that you can use Nero to burn.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Proud to be from N.R.H. so F off Talisman
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
First they have to be converted to a DVD compliant mpeg file. TMPGEnc will do the trick. http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html and here is a guide for it. http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/52/59/

Then it must be authored, TMPGEnc DVD Author is what I use. http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html and here is the guide. http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/53/59/ There is a cost to DVD Author ($70) but there is a "fix" out there for testing purposes.

After that you can use Nero to burn.
what do you mean fix and how do i do it
thanks for all the help man you are givin me more info then istangu did lol
thanks in advance
John
rebeljj is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 03:13 AM
Bite Me!!!
 
I Stang U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: A new Beast in Town!!
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeljj
what do you mean fix and how do i do it
thanks for all the help man you are givin me more info then istangu did lol
thanks in advance
John
again all of this has been gone over 40million times on this board... search and you will find what you want ;-)
I Stang U is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome