how to convert.......... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

how to convert..........

.wav to .mp3 are there any free programs out there to use to get the job done?

Gerard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 11:49 AM
98 SVT Cobra

http://www.cdex.n3.net/

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Lifer

If you have Windows XP then go D/L Media Player 10. I know it can rip from a cd to .mp3 so I can only assume it will also rip .wav's as well. BTW, I also have the full version of Real Player and while it can rip it takes alot longer than Media Player.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 12:09 PM
98 SVT Cobra

He wants to convert .wav to .mp3 not rip to .wav. Besides, I think you have to download an encoder to rip to .mp3, normally it only rips to .wma.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. The new upgrade to Mplayer 10 has mp3 included. I have been running 10 beta. Sorry.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

Last edited by MoonDog; 09-24-2004 at 03:16 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
He wants to convert .wav to .mp3 not rip to .wav. Besides, I think you have to download an encoder to rip to .mp3, normally it only rips to .wma.

hey moon could ya give me some help cause i cannot figure this thing out ..... i have a buncha .wav and want them .mp3 can ya help me out?

Gerard
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 03:09 PM
98 SVT Cobra

You want help with cdex? If so, what you want to do is select 'Convert', 'Convert Wav files to Compressed Audio files' (or just press F11). Change to the directory that has your .wav files, it would be best to have all your wavs in the same directory. Press 'Select All' and 'Convert'. Thats it.

Disclaimer:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement