Couple computer problems. Help - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Where's he at?

Couple computer problems. Help

First off, My computer started acting wierd a little bit after I installed a windows update. When I go to certain websites like bankofamerica, some ebay, places to pay bills and a few other sites it say page cannot be diplayed. All the other internet pages work? I tryed my girls computer and they worked fine. I even did a restore and still nothing. Also limewire says my firewall is stopping it from working or I have no internet connection. That is the first problem.

Second, I bought a wireless broadband router ( linksys ) wireless G. And a wireless G card for the other computer. Works fast and good but every ten minutes or so it cuts the connection off and restarts it again. makes it kinda hard to play games or browse the web when it keeps restarting on me. The other comp with the actual router never goes off line.

Any help would be great. I have been pulling my hair out over this crap. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Dirty Mexican

maKe sure you have all the latest drivers for your hardware. I was losing connection every few minutes and would reboot and again be fine for a few minutes. updated drivers and problems all gone

Filho
Language Assistant Fiber Customer Support Analyst
Verizon FiOS
Dallas FSC
fioshelp.verizon.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkiller88
First off, My computer started acting wierd a little bit after I installed a windows update. When I go to certain websites like bankofamerica, some ebay, places to pay bills and a few other sites it say page cannot be diplayed. All the other internet pages work? I tryed my girls computer and they worked fine. I even did a restore and still nothing. Also limewire says my firewall is stopping it from working or I have no internet connection. That is the first problem.

Second, I bought a wireless broadband router ( linksys ) wireless G. And a wireless G card for the other computer. Works fast and good but every ten minutes or so it cuts the connection off and restarts it again. makes it kinda hard to play games or browse the web when it keeps restarting on me. The other comp with the actual router never goes off line.

Any help would be great. I have been pulling my hair out over this crap. Thanks.

For you first problem.. did you install all the updates?? There was an issue a few months back with WindersXP and secure web pages, which from the sounds of it you are expierencing.

As for the wireless I dont have any ideas.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 12:35 AM
I'm Yer Huckleberry

for the router i'd say update the firmware

2008 GMC Sierra 1500
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2009 HD Street Glide
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Where's he at?

Still having problems. Im not sure exactly how to update the drivers. And I have tried to download all the window updates. Now when I try to update its starts the page not avaliable crap. Anyone
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 11:55 PM
1bdmfr

i had this same problem when i downloaded service pack 2

so i took it off and my computer runs just fine again
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkiller88
Do you by chance have 802.1x authentication enabled? If you don't use 802.1x authentication then disable it. Sounds to me like its trying to authenticate and it cant after a while so it restarts the wireless connection and trys the authenitcation again and keeps looping. If so disable it by going to Control Panel-Network connections. Right click you Wireless connection and select properties. I believe its under the Wireless tab a check box that says use 802.1x authenication or something like that. Uncheck it if its checked, unless you are using some 802.1x authenication.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement