help me please - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

help me please

ok guys am stressing out. I just finshing puting a new box together. I added the cd drive and was hopeing to get stared loading Xp. I checked once agian all the wiring and that i crank her up! Now this is where the problem is. The computer started fine, all the fans came on and the fan on the video card also. I waited for the bois screen to come up but nothing came up! Than i notice that the monitor wasnt even turning on! so i switch out the monitor thinking that would do it! But nope nothing! did i wire something wrong it seems the the box isnt even reading the vga cord? can someone help please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:23 AM
I wish I were cool...

Might also try pulling and reseating the card.

The Cobra has run a best of 13.58 ET finally 104 mph on stock engine, no blowers, no turbos, no NOS! Note I said HAS run, now it sits on bald tires in the driveway, but the speedometer and A/C work again!!! 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege Zoom, Zoom, Zoom... It's turboed I get three Zooms biatch!!!!

Hey baby... how about a little Boom Boom in my Zoom Zoom?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:32 AM
duh...duh....duh

Based off what you are saying, I am leaning towards a problem with your video card. Do you have just any 'ole one laying around? If so, pop it in there and see if you can see the POST. If you can, your good to go. If it is not the video card, you might have some more serious problems. Also, prior to swapping video cards..make sure your video card cabling is done properly.

Good luck,
Ceyko

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Long Live T.S.

what kind of video card do u have??

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 08:57 AM

yup. I agree.. reseat the vid card if it is not onboard, if it does the same.. replace the vid card.. if it is onboard the motherboard is hosed; take it back.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 09:12 AM
duh...duh....duh

Reseating the card is a better idea as a first step then swapping it. But if reseating it does not work, swap it with another card (if you have one of course) before calling it a bad vid card.

Ceyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey85stang
yup. I agree.. reseat the vid card if it is not onboard, if it does the same.. replace the vid card.. if it is onboard the motherboard is hosed; take it back.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

well the video card is an G_FORCE FX 5200ultra AGP. This is my first built so i'm new at this. when yall say "Reseating" do you mean pulling it out and reinstalling it? thanks guys i has spend a few $$ on this box and i cant even get the pos to work!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Try booting up the system with the bare minimun. CPU, Video, and Memory. This will eliminate any possibility of failure with your other hardware (Etc.. modem, sound card, hdd, floppy, and so forth.) If your system boots with these components out, try booting with one component install at a time. This will help eleminate the hardware that is causing the problem.

If that does not work, boot the system up with the video card out. Your system board should give you a beep code indicating that there is no card install. If you get a beep code, put the card back in and remove the memory, and boot up without the memory(depending on you bios, it will give you different beep code for video and memory.) If you do not get a beep code for for your video or your memory, unseat and reseat the cpu. If that does not work, your cpu or system board might be bad.

This is just basic troubleshooting. Make sure that all your components are seated in properly.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmt32v
Try booting up the system with the bare minimun. CPU, Video, and Memory. This will eliminate any possibility of failure with your other hardware (Etc.. modem, sound card, hdd, floppy, and so forth.) If your system boots with these components out, try booting with one component install at a time. This will help eleminate the hardware that is causing the problem.

If that does not work, boot the system up with the video card out. Your system board should give you a beep code indicating that there is no card install. If you get a beep code, put the card back in and remove the memory, and boot up without the memory(depending on you bios, it will give you different beep code for video and memory.) If you do not get a beep code for for your video or your memory, unseat and reseat the cpu. If that does not work, your cpu or system board might be bad.

This is just basic troubleshooting. Make sure that all your components are seated in properly.
thanks for the tips i'll try that right now!!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 12:41 PM
El Camino

Welcome to PC hardware 101!

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement