Need some help - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member

Need some help

Ok guys lately my pc has been running really slow so I start looking into it and turns out it has a shit load of spy ware on it. I have done all the Ad ware stuff and highjack this but nothing helps. Adware removed 130 bad files but that still didn't do shit for me. It also told me I have several parasites on my system what ever that means. I know it aint good but how do I get rid of the shit. My CPU usage is at 100% with over 30 processes running to which I have no clue what they are. My question is do yall think I can fix this by downloading stuff from off line or do I need to just break down and buy some good software to take care for the problem. Or worse yet do I need to take my pc in or have someone come out and take a look at it cause I suck at computers. Any ideas or suggestions to what I need would be awesome.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 10:44 PM
El Camino

Do you run a current and updated antivirus?

Worst case wipe and reload the pc and load pop up and spyware blockers ASAP.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 11:29 PM
11-05-09

Ouch! Sounds like you have serious issues! Keep running the adaware over and over, get a antivirus software. If that doesn't work, you may have to re-format the PC.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Time Served

do msconfig and remove everything in the startup. then grab http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/ it usually removes all the spyware that adaware doesnt get. probably install it then update it, reboot your pc into safemode then run the program. also antivirus software wouldnt hurt either. you will notice tons of BS exe files running when u look in your task manager if you dont see them disappear when u run spybot and what not then manually delete them. most of the ones that run and stop shit from working are always listed in your c:\windows\prefetch folder
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 01:40 AM
Time Served

almost forgot wouldnt hurt if you could take a screen shot of your task manager and let us see all the processes running could tell you just by looking at them what is causein your prob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement