Where can I get these cables? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Where can I get these cables?

Serial synchronization cable for your PDA
9 pin serial NULL Modem adapter
ISO9141-2 / SAE J1962 (OBD-II) diagnostic connector cable adapter, same used with common VAG Windows PC programs

http://www.arlab.it/home.html <------This is what I'm trying to do.

It's a software that will allow me to run my pocket PC to my car's OBD port, and will get me readings, CEL codes, etc....

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Serial synchronization cable for your PDA
9 pin serial NULL Modem adapter
ISO9141-2 / SAE J1962 (OBD-II) diagnostic connector cable adapter, same used with common VAG Windows PC programs

http://www.arlab.it/home.html <------This is what I'm trying to do.

It's a software that will allow me to run my pocket PC to my car's OBD port, and will get me readings, CEL codes, etc....

TIA!
Null Modem is right over here.
http://www.radioshack.com/search.asp...p=search&SRC=1
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Cool, one down. I just found out that my PPC is not compatible with a serial cable. Weird. Now I just have to find a cable that'll connect to my OBD port.

Wait, shit... The OBD cable connects to the adapter, then the serial cable to the PPC. SHIT! : mad :

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 09:14 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Cool, one down. I just found out that my PPC is not compatible with a serial cable. Weird. Now I just have to find a cable that'll connect to my OBD port.

Wait, shit... The OBD cable connects to the adapter, then the serial cable to the PPC. SHIT! : mad :
take your PDA and place 50 lbs of presure on it from the corner of a countertop.. do this until you hear a snap.... your problem should now be fixed ; ) : p
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Custom Title

Just go buy one of those thing from Sears liek Jedi - Chirs did. Plugs into the port and grabs all sorts of data. I wanna say it was 100 or 150 bucks???
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
Just go buy one of those thing from Sears liek Jedi - Chirs did. Plugs into the port and grabs all sorts of data. I wanna say it was 100 or 150 bucks???
True... But do you remember if that let you change parameters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey85stang
take your PDA and place 50 lbs of presure on it from the corner of a countertop.. do this until you hear a snap.... your problem should now be fixed ; ) : p
; )
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 06:27 AM
None

Yeah, it let you monitor a whole host of settings. But, it only takes a sample every 5 seconds so it's a data logger for a daily, not for a race car.

What I ended up monitoring was RPM, Speed, long term fuel trim bank A, long term fuel trim Bank B . There are quite a few settings you can watch, some supported - some not.

If I can find it (I think I took it out of the car before sending it to HPP) you are more than welcome to borrow it and see how you like it.

It was called CarChip
http://www.davisnet.com/drive/produc....asp?pnum=8220
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi
Yeah, it let you monitor a whole host of settings. But, it only takes a sample every 5 seconds so it's a data logger for a daily, not for a race car.

What I ended up monitoring was RPM, Speed, long term fuel trim bank A, long term fuel trim Bank B . There are quite a few settings you can watch, some supported - some not.

If I can find it (I think I took it out of the car before sending it to HPP) you are more than welcome to borrow it and see how you like it.

It was called CarChip
http://www.davisnet.com/drive/produc....asp?pnum=8220
Yes. I'd be VERY interested. Shoot me a PM with a number to call you, and maybe sometime between Tuesday and Friday we can meet up, or I can go to you. Did you read the site that I put up? ross-tech.com
That's basically what I'm looking for. It's got ALOT of shit. But the system runs a MINIMUM of $375. : mad :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement