Need help - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Need help

Ok we ran Norton Anti-Virus and some ad-aware thingy i had on my comptuer. . and NO viruses came up. . but when you turn on the computer the screen and icons are all huge and really hard to read the screen. . i can get online and do stuff. . but very blury. . you have an idea of what i can do do fix this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangChic
Ok we ran Norton Anti-Virus and some ad-aware thingy i had on my comptuer. . and NO viruses came up. . but when you turn on the computer the screen and icons are all huge and really hard to read the screen. . i can get online and do stuff. . but very blury. . you have an idea of what i can do do fix this??
Right click on the desk top, that should bring up display properties. Click on the "settings" tab at the top. Then click the advanced button at the bottom of the page. That should bring up "Plug and Play" settings. Try changing the font size to small.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Right click on the desk top, that should bring up display properties. Click on the "settings" tab at the top. Then click the advanced button at the bottom of the page. That should bring up "Plug and Play" settings. Try changing the font size to small.
ok when i get home i will try that. . . but what about the screen is blurry. . how do i change that??

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
ok when i get home i will try that. . . but what about the screen is blurry. . how do i change that??
Fixing the screen resolution should take care of it.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bard
Fixing the screen resolution should take care of it.

LOL ok i tried that already. . this is what happens

i go to start, setting, then trying to move the screen resolution thingy won't move. . and where you can change the color setting. . usually it has Colors and 3 options well it only gives me 1 thing. . like 16 bit somethine. . seriously i think it has some time of virus . . but i don't know why it won't pick it up when i run norton
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
LOL ok i tried that already. . this is what happens

i go to start, setting, then trying to move the screen resolution thingy won't move. . and where you can change the color setting. . usually it has Colors and 3 options well it only gives me 1 thing. . like 16 bit somethine. . seriously i think it has some time of virus . . but i don't know why it won't pick it up when i run norton
Sounds like something got screwed up with your video card driver if it's only giving you that option and you had more before. On the Settings Tab what does it show your video card to be? If it's not showing the right one and your running Win XP you can get away with going into the Device Manager and removing the driver (or whatever it shows up) and reboot and let it detect it again. Post up what you find out.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Sounds like something got screwed up with your video card driver if it's only giving you that option and you had more before. On the Settings Tab what does it show your video card to be? If it's not showing the right one and your running Win XP you can get away with going into the Device Manager and removing the driver (or whatever it shows up) and reboot and let it detect it again. Post up what you find out.
where do i go to find out the what video card i got. . or whatever
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
where do i go to find out the what video card i got. . or whatever
Win2000 & XP, right click the big fuzzy "my computer" icon on the desk top. Select properties from the popup menu.

click hardware tab, then device manager. Find the "display adapter" on the list. It will probably have a "!" next to it, becase the driver is not working.

BTW, you can right click on the driver that inside the display adapter and uninstall it. Then have the computer search for the hardware again.

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 08-17-2004 at 08:42 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

You might not be able to tell if the driver is totally screwed up. If you can't, goto http://www.sisoftware.net/ and go in the download section at the top of the screen. Download Sandra. It will tell you more than you will ever need to know about your computer's hardware/software.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

ok 1st off. . . i have windows 98 still (maybe thats my problem lol)

2nd off i tried going to my settings and the font is already on small
3rd i looked into the device manager and the driver had no ! next to it, but i went ahead and removed it, restarted my computer, and did a search and it was the same one i removed
4th i opened up norton antivirus and as soon as i clicked on it an error came up this is what it said: "Error Starting Program" A required .DLL file, MSVCP50.DLL, was not found

so from here where do i go??

also if anyone lives near Richland Hills and would like to come look at it and possibly fix it, ill reimburse you with beer. . . any one??
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

ok texasdog that helps out alot. . . but it sayd i need Express Zip. . is there any other program i can use to open it. . or do i have to buy that?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Ok update. . . . i got winzip on here and downloaded that file i needed. . . now its on my computer. . what do i need to do now. .

i am so clueless about computers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement