Dell Server Question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Dell Server Question

So I was talking with one of our vendors today and he said that Dell doesnt make any hardware but has other companys make it for them and they slap their name on it. He said their servers are made by Acer. Is this guy right or full of shit? He was trying to sell me a Micron server by the way.

Anyone have good/bad luck with Micron servers?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

All the home computers and shit I have fucked with are made by other people and they spank their name on there.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Custom Title

I think Dell makes there own, but I'm just guessing. I've heard of Micron computers, but I think they were desktops, not servers, and they were cheapo systems.
When it comes to servers, you get what you pay for. If you want a reliable business class server, expect to pay a decent amount for a new model. Ebay has some decent ones available usually.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 09:12 PM
\(_o)/

Dell makes there shit, but its different parts from different companies, they are highly intel bias'd. I'll see if I can get roscoe to post up more, he used to sell there stuff.

Oh and btw, I run a data center and deal with this shit daily, you'll never find a more stable box then a dell server, poweredge rack mount or one of their monster tower servers, they are just built ford tuff.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
Oh and btw, I run a data center and deal with this shit daily, you'll never find a more stable box then a dell server, poweredge rack mount or one of their monster tower servers, they are just built ford tuff.
Yeah I know, we started buying PE2650's after we got screwed with the Compaq shitassmuthafuckabitchwhoreshittyassgimpfuckingser vers!!! <--- Cant express enough. Anywho, the only problem were having with Dell lately is we order the servers, they get sent to some dumbfuck in India that doesn't know what to do with it other than leave it in the queue. So we've been waiting for this server for 2 weeks hoping it would come in any day, and to find out ol dipshit in India hasnt even taken it out of the queue. Good God people put a fuckin alert on the queue for shit more than a week old or something. Oh I'm so happy with this outsourcing shit to fuckin dipshits in India. I mean come on I call for tech support and cant understand the bastard and have to fight with that shit for a while. Drop the ol, umm this steak is good, I think that was you momma I just ate. That shit kinda pisses them off but oh well.

Damm. Okay, I'll stop venting now.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Professional Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN/ACK
Yeah I know, we started buying PE2650's after we got screwed with the Compaq shitassmuthafuckabitchwhoreshittyassgimpfuckingser vers!!! <--- Cant express enough. Anywho, the only problem were having with Dell lately is we order the servers, they get sent to some dumbfuck in India that doesn't know what to do with it other than leave it in the queue. So we've been waiting for this server for 2 weeks hoping it would come in any day, and to find out ol dipshit in India hasnt even taken it out of the queue. Good God people put a fuckin alert on the queue for shit more than a week old or something. Oh I'm so happy with this outsourcing shit to fuckin dipshits in India. I mean come on I call for tech support and cant understand the bastard and have to fight with that shit for a while. Drop the ol, umm this steak is good, I think that was you momma I just ate. That shit kinda pisses them off but oh well.

Damm. Okay, I'll stop venting now.

I ran a couple of cheap poweredge 500 servers with winders2kserver, those were some sweet machines... I never had to call support on the servers..

but on the desktops (cheap deminsions) I had to a few times, and got stuck with the fuggers in india... there solution to ALL problems was [Apu]"please update your bios."[/Apu] they never once even bothered to ask what bios version I was running.. because that was irrelvant... the only thing that would fix my problem was a bios upgrade.

I like the steak jab.. I am going to use that next time... they will say [Apu] Hello, how are you today? [/Apu] my answer, "Besides this cow shit fuffin computer problem, I am doing mighty well, I got me a slab of cow beef fresh of the grill to eat while you fix my computer." lmao... that is classic. "hold on a second while i lick the cow juice off my hands..." lmao... "Damn thats a greasy steak.. Do you like greasy steaks?? I bet you liek them rare.... just saw you off a piece of raw meat and you will eat huh??"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement