Hooking up a wireless router? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,287
Hooking up a wireless router?

How hard is it to hook up a wireless router(sp?)? My wife just got a new Dell and we have to hook up the wireless router so both computers can be on the Net at the same time.

THANKS
Mike
1carcrazyguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1carcrazyguy
How hard is it to hook up a wireless router(sp?)? My wife just got a new Dell and we have to hook up the wireless router so both computers can be on the Net at the same time.

THANKS
Mike

it's easy.


basically, run the cable/dsl into the rotuer, install the software. procure a 2nd IP address.
turn on other pc and voila......jsut make sure you put a little security on, unless u want other people borrowing your bandwidth.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 04:01 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Or enable the dchp function and let the router dictate IP addresses and save your money on that second IP. The router should clone the settings in the PC and modem making setup a breeze. Also try to use the same brand of networking equipment, it makes encrypting a lot easier.

You might also take note of the computer and gaming forum, lots of help over there.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Back From Oblivion
 
Angel_22679's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,401
Directions in the box<--------------------follow

Easy as ^^that^^
Angel_22679 is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Or enable the dchp function and let the router dictate IP addresses and save your money on that second IP. The router should clone the settings in the PC and modem making setup a breeze. Also try to use the same brand of networking equipment, it makes encrypting a lot easier.

You might also take note of the computer and gaming forum, lots of help over there.

i tried that, and it was no bueno.


as soon as i added the 2nd ip thru charter, i was Gold.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Move to computer Fourm?

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome