Playing with Linux today - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
Playing with Linux today

I was playing, I mean working with Linux today at work. I was having problems with the install crashing during random parts of the install. I decided to use a older CD ROM, instead of the 54X in the 2.4G P4 I was using. The install went smooth.

Was the 54X CDROM junk, Samsung? Too fast? Or was the burned CD not good quality?
TexasDevilDog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 08:15 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Re: Playing with Linux today

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasDevilDog
I was playing, I mean working with Linux today at work. I was having problems with the install crashing during random parts of the install. I decided to use a older CD ROM, instead of the 54X in the 2.4G P4 I was using. The install went smooth.

Was the 54X CDROM junk, Samsung? Too fast? Or was the burned CD not good quality?
no telling.. I've installed using a generic 52x.. installed with no problems. what distro were you installing by chance?? Mandrake 9.2 will fry a LG based drive, btw.
trey85stang is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
Re: Re: Playing with Linux today

Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
no telling.. I've installed using a generic 52x.. installed with no problems. what distro were you installing by chance?? Mandrake 9.2 will fry a LG based drive, btw.
It was a in house distribution from Nokia using Red Hat 9.
TexasDevilDog is offline  
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 06:15 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Re: Re: Re: Playing with Linux today

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasDevilDog
It was a in house distribution from Nokia using Red Hat 9.
thats the problem.. i wouldnt trust that IM department to carry a floppy disc let alone make a linux distro j/k

<~~ was fired from Nokia for being too smart

If you already have it installed no sense trying to troubleshoot the problem.. however I would of went through advanced text setup... To see if there were any specific messages regarding the cd rom module not loading or scsi errors etc..
trey85stang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome