Digital camera q's... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Digital camera q's...

i cant get the usb to recognize the camera, i was told i could get a card reader or something like that? does anyone have any info on this? the cam is a canon powershot a40...i bought this cam off the board and have had it for about 3 weeks and cant get the pics on it to the computer...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 08:25 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
a card reader is about 10-15 bucks.. you basically hook it up.. and put the flash card from the camaera in the reader.

What is the problem getting the camera to work on the computer?

What kind of camera.. do you have the disc that came with it?? any error messages?
trey85stang is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
a card reader is about 10-15 bucks.. you basically hook it up.. and put the flash card from the camaera in the reader.

What is the problem getting the camera to work on the computer?

What kind of camera.. do you have the disc that came with it?? any error messages?

the problem is when i plug up the camera to the computer it wont recognize it, well it does kinda but it wont let me transfer the pics over to the computer...the camera is Canon Powershot a40 , i didnt get the disc, but i posted that i needed it and "mikeb" burned a copy for me, i installed it all and then it said to plug up the camera so the installation can finish, but the dam thing wont work...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 10:10 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Quote:
Originally posted by Da Prez
the problem is when i plug up the camera to the computer it wont recognize it, well it does kinda but it wont let me transfer the pics over to the computer...the camera is Canon Powershot a40 , i didnt get the disc, but i posted that i needed it and "mikeb" burned a copy for me, i installed it all and then it said to plug up the camera so the installation can finish, but the dam thing wont work...
just wnat to make sure.. you had the camaera turned on when you plugged it in right???
trey85stang is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
just wnat to make sure.. you had the camaera turned on when you plugged it in right???
yes sir...


back to the card reader, would i just plug it in the computer and it would be easier you think?




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ft. Worth
Posts: 94
Try downloading the software for your camera.

A40 Drivers


A40 Drivers
dreddiin is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 10:04 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Quote:
Originally posted by Da Prez
yes sir...


back to the card reader, would i just plug it in the computer and it would be easier you think?
make suer you camaera has a flash card first.. the card reader plugs up through USB.. you would look at it like you look at files on a floppy disc.

it may be easier for you.... I would try and get the camera to work myself.
trey85stang is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Ghetto Vaquero
 
BlueStang2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Groovy Grove
Posts: 1,303
I've been meaning to ask the same question... except in my case I have a Kodak... well my camera was uploading pictures just fine then one day it wouldnt upload them anymore. I uninstilled the kodak software and reinstalled it a number of times and nothing. The kodak software works just fine, the computer recognizes that my camera is connected but the software does not recognize the camera is plugged in. I have no clue what it could be either. I have thought about getting a card reader but I just figured there should be an easy fix since it was working just fine.
BlueStang2k is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
make suer you camaera has a flash card first.. the card reader plugs up through USB.. you would look at it like you look at files on a floppy disc.

it may be easier for you.... I would try and get the camera to work myself.

how can i tell if it has a flash card...lmfao i just checked and it says canon compact flash card, so i guess i do have one...i guess i will get a card reader, but i really would like to get this fixed...thanks for all your help




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 02:02 PM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
That is the easiest route to go Fred. I bought one for my camera and all I have to do is stick it in my printer (has a built in reader) and I can print right from there without using the pc. Another advantage is that I can take as many as ~700 pictures on the lowest setting as apposed to ~90 before I got the card.
MoonDog is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Fred, does your computer have problems recognizing any other USB devices? Definetly sounds like some kind of driver issue with either the camera or the actually USB device on your computer. You might try uninstalling the USB device from Device Manager as well as the driver for your camera and reinstalling both. Might go as far as booting into Safe Mode and removing them that way.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 06:18 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Quote:
Originally posted by evil jose
Fred, does your computer have problems recognizing any other USB devices? Definetly sounds like some kind of driver issue with either the camera or the actually USB device on your computer. You might try uninstalling the USB device from Device Manager as well as the driver for your camera and reinstalling both. Might go as far as booting into Safe Mode and removing them that way.
Good idea!

right-click on "my computer" left-click on properties, go to the hardware tab, click on device manager... click the plus sign next to the USB adapters

then post a screen shot
trey85stang is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
ok i did all that and then couldnt find USB adapters...here is what i got...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 08:23 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Quote:
Originally posted by Da Prez
ok i did all that and then couldnt find USB adapters...here is what i got...
Its the one at the bottom.. Universal Serial Bus...

How many USB ports do you have on the computer??? Is this a built machine.. or bought?
trey85stang is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
Its the one at the bottom.. Universal Serial Bus...

How many USB ports do you have on the computer??? Is this a built machine.. or bought?
duh i am a dumbass, i should have figured that one out...

this is a thrown together machine, kinda built, nothing awesome tho...it has 2 usb ports on it...but here is that screenshot...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 09:24 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Quote:
Originally posted by Da Prez
duh i am a dumbass, i should have figured that one out...

this is a thrown together machine, kinda built, nothing awesome tho...it has 2 usb ports on it...but here is that screenshot...
I am going to guess that you are using the USB ports on the back right??

Do you have anything else that is USB that you can hook up?
trey85stang is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
I am going to guess that you are using the USB ports on the back right??

Do you have anything else that is USB that you can hook up?

yeah they are in the back, and one of the ports is being used by my mouse and the other is being attempted to be used by the camera...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 03:36 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 363
I have a cannon A-60 and it did the same thing. Try this,
1. plug in usb to camera
2. turn on the camera
3. flip the switch from the camera mode to the viewing mode
4.flip it back to the camera mode
5. then back to the veiwing mode
This is what I have to do to get my computer to recognize the camera anytime I want to download a pic. Give it a shot and see if that works.
Steve00GT is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve00GT
I have a cannon A-60 and it did the same thing. Try this,
1. plug in usb to camera
2. turn on the camera
3. flip the switch from the camera mode to the viewing mode
4.flip it back to the camera mode
5. then back to the veiwing mode
This is what I have to do to get my computer to recognize the camera anytime I want to download a pic. Give it a shot and see if that works.

thanks bro i will try that...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome