Need help with computer recovery - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Need help with computer recovery

Ok guys, just over the past few days I've been having more and more problems with my computer, I've had a few that were bearable for a while, but now it's getting bad. I'm thinking about doing the computer recovery program on my computer and reset everything, but I have a lot of information I have to transfer. I was wondering what the best way of doing this?

I was thinking about an external hard drive, but those are a little out of my price range. I need something that can hold over 20 gigabytes at once. Would it work if I went and bought a new internal hard drive, loaded that on my computer, transferred the wanted files over to it, unplug it, do product recovery and then reinstall the new hard drive? I wouldn't have to reformat the new hard drive again after I do the recovery would I?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

or what about a DVD writer, those things can hold a decent amount 4.7 GB (I could break up the data), this would work right?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 07:03 PM
350z

should work.

i have hard drives for sale if you need one

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

That's ok, I'm in Austin right now and just went and bought one from work (Costco, we can return anything after we've used it ), so I'm just going to get this all set up and right again and then return the drive .
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

well now I'm screwed, I got all the stuff I wanted to save onto a new hard drive, problem is that when I went to go do product recovery it showed an error about 20% through the program and now my OS is screwed up somehow. I'm going to bring it up to Bestbuy today (I've got a 3 year warranty) and see if they can fix it otherwise I don't have the money to buy a new box right now and I'm going to be on the computer at school from now on...This SUCKS
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 10:56 AM
El Camino

That's why data recovery services aren't cheap. The people that know or have the right tools are not cheap. There should be plenty of tech savy people you could hit up down there in Austin.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement