Registering Windows XP - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Registering Windows XP

Any reason why this needs to be done? Someone was telling me that if it wasn't done the computer would lock up after so many months or something like that and I told him it was BS because I've never registered any of my machines (for reasons I'll keep to myself other than my new HP that I bought last year. Only problem I've ever had was getting one critical update, it wouldn't allow me to unless I did the registration. Oh well.... Anyway, anybody else know of anything that gets blocked if you don't register?




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian
 
Hunt4m3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: de_aztec
Posts: 4,814
Ill PM you the shit later.


So not legit.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness







Ban count: 2
Hunt4m3x is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 12:03 AM
El Camino
 
Stang2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: in front of the keyboard
Posts: 3,432
Re: Registering Windows XP

Quote:
Originally posted by bitter jose
Any reason why this needs to be done? Someone was telling me that if it wasn't done the computer would lock up after so many months or something like that and I told him it was BS because I've never registered any of my machines (for reasons I'll keep to myself other than my new HP that I bought last year. Only problem I've ever had was getting one critical update, it wouldn't allow me to unless I did the registration. Oh well.... Anyway, anybody else know of anything that gets blocked if you don't register?
Only thing with XP you have to do is activate it. On a clean install if you dont do this within 30 days the pc will not boot. There is a way to get around this but should probably be discussed in pm.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Stang2be is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Re: Re: Registering Windows XP

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang2be
Only thing with XP you have to do is activate it. On a clean install if you dont do this within 30 days the pc will not boot. There is a way to get around this but should probably be discussed in pm.
Hmmm... I can't ever recall anything about activating it on any of the installs I've done in the past




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 03:33 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Thumbs up

From what I have been told Corp Edition does not require any "unlocking" or registration. If you need to know where to "purchase" it from feel free to pm me
trey85stang is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2004, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
From what I have been told Corp Edition does not require any "unlocking" or registration. If you need to know where to "purchase" it from feel free to pm me
Hmm.... I can get a copy of that here at work




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome