Found an OLD comp can someone fix up? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 07:27 PM
brittney420

Found an OLD comp can someone fix up?

I hope this is the right forum for this...

Anyhoo- i found 2 OLD laptops in my in laws closet, i want to fix up one of them (as i know it has a modem at least) for personal use. i dont know if this is possible or not. its an AST ADvantage nb-sx25. Does anyone know anyone who could (if possible???) redo this entire thing and make it usable? i think it says its currently got 60mb hard disk drive. I heard these were running like win 3.1 and a monocrhome display... and thats about all in know. Any help would be great. THANKS
britt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 07:37 PM
brittney420

come on! i know somebody knows somebody who knows somebody that re-does computers?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Lifer

hardware upgrades on a laptop can be quite a PITA.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 07:41 PM
brittney420

Quote:
Originally posted by OneBadWagon
hardware upgrades on a laptop can be quite a PITA.
i just want something to tinker with! damn it
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 07:41 PM
mannish boy

your best bet is to post them up on the corral or NMRA or somewhere where someone is looking for a laptop to run their DFI system with. they're really not worth much to anyone else IMHO.

Forrest
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 10:40 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I doubt very seriously that you will be able to "fix" it up at all. I mean come one, 386/25 mhz with a 2.4 KB modem running Windows 3.1? It is not even worth scrap metal anymore.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 12:48 AM
El Camino

Ditto.

I've still got my ms dos 6.22 and win 3.1 floppies but havent dusted them off in a long time.

You pretty much have boat anchors there.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 07:17 AM
brittney420

Eh worth a shot. i didnt pay anything for em just kinda wondering if anyone could do shit with em. i once knew a guy who would take old macs and redo em and if they didnt work hed turn it into a really neat fishtank. i wish he still lived around here... hmm

thank you for your help though
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Floored...

Quote:
Originally posted by brittney420
Eh worth a shot. i didnt pay anything for em just kinda wondering if anyone could do shit with em. i once knew a guy who would take old macs and redo em and if they didnt work hed turn it into a really neat fishtank. i wish he still lived around here... hmm

thank you for your help though
the time spent alone even TRYING to do something with those 2 old laptops would be more expensive than just buying a decent older laptop off eBay for $200 usually already loaded with Windows ME or XP or 2000.

Take the old two, get on top of a really high building and drop them. The impact may be more amusing than just sinking them.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 11:44 AM
brittney420

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil
the time spent alone even TRYING to do something with those 2 old laptops would be more expensive than just buying a decent older laptop off eBay for $200 usually already loaded with Windows ME or XP or 2000.

Take the old two, get on top of a really high building and drop them. The impact may be more amusing than just sinking them.
lol alright... i dont have 200 bucks but thats ok!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement