Terminal Services - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Terminal Services

I installed TS on Windows 2003, but I cant find where to "install" programs for the TS. I remember in 2000 during the installation it would ask you what programs you wanted to use, but I didnt get that prompt on 2003. Also, when I installed the client to connect to the TS, the only thing it installed was the remote desktop connection client. This is not what I want. I want to be able to connect to a TS and run ONE program, not give the user access to the entire machine. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 01:20 PM

add/remove programs....

TS is a remote desktop.. if you only want them to use and see one app... you need citrix.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

why does it ask if you want an application server or remote administration when installing it?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xtremcoder
why does it ask if you want an application server or remote administration when installing it?
administration is for the server admins to administer the machine remotly (allows 2 remote connections)... application server will allow as many users to connect as you have lisencse's for to run apps.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Time Served

In either mode, TS in 2003 sucks.....remove it. The only way to do what you want is to install Citrix. You might be able to get this done by setting the login script of the user logging on to launch the app, but it's still gonna load them into a desktop
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I agree you need to run citrix. You may be able to lock down the users profile so they only have access to run the 1 app. but they will still get the desktop and have to launch the app from there.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

what version of citrix? i went to their site and saw lots of different ones, i think. but i dont have time right now to sit through and read which one i need. i just need to run one app, thats all....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 07:23 PM

Thumbs up

you need Citrix NFuse! (i think) shit is expensive.. and if you find a backup copy let me know I am having problems making a backup of my copy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement