Final Fantasy XI online - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Bite Me!!!

Final Fantasy XI online

owns me now LOL

This game is just insane with the detail put into it.... I have some screen shots of a group I was with last night orc hunting (I will try and post them tonight...

Anyone else around here play?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

No.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:57 PM

I have never played it but there are so many at work (Fry's) that do and have been trying to get me to start. I just hate the idea of spending $50 then $13 a month or whatever. So I assume you think its worth it too?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Bite Me!!!

I didn't think so either... I trades some xbox games in for credit and decided to try it.. free for 30 days... after seeing the first intro movie... the 12 bucks is worth the support...
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Long Live T.S.

I am waiting for World Of Warcraft to come out ..it is suppost to BLOW FF out of the water they also have combat against other players so that will be cool

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 08:26 AM

I hated FFXI online. I am back on DAoC, once again. I have a feeling WoW will be a floop just like SWG.

Fear my nerd power.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 11:43 AM
almost ready to race

I just bought it the other night. Haven't played much, just wandering around looking stupid but I can see that it's one of those games that will last forever. I like it so far.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Long Live T.S.

-Watcher- no way ....How man games has blizzard come out with and been a flop?

Warcraft 1,2,3
StarCraft
Diablo 1,2

Blizzard has always put out quality games.. WoW is not going to be a flop at all..When SWG was in it APLHA stage people were saying it is going to suck bad...WoW is in its Alpha stage and people are saying it is ready to be put on the shelves now!!

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Bite Me!!!

yes but they are stepping into a new relm of gaming... it will be buggy as hell and will probably take an extra year or so to be released.... it will one day be nice... but it will take a while
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Long Live T.S.

Actual no...Beta sign ups where the first of the month and beta will last 4 - 5 months...and of course it will be buggy it is only in Alpha right now what games isnt at that stage...and Diablo was a different realm from Warcraft and we all see that game is consider to be on of the greats

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Long Live T.S.

Quote:
Originally posted by DFWminis
Actual no...Beta sign ups where the first of the month and beta will last 4 - 5 months...and of course it will be buggy it is only in Alpha right now what games isnt at that stage...and Diablo was a different realm from Warcraft and we all see that game is consider to be on of the greats

edit: http://www.blizzard.com if anyone is interested in the game lots of screen shots etc...

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Bite Me!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DFWminis

I beg to differ I am not talking about worlds I am talking about type of game.... I mean look at Command and Conquer they tried the whole first person shooter and it failed horribly...

but all of blizzards games have been the same game play different worlds...

and what ever happened to Ghost???

Sarcraft was in beta for like 2.5yrs before it finally hit full... even then it was patch after patch...
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Long Live T.S.

Quote:
Originally posted by I Stang U
I beg to differ I am not talking about worlds I am talking about type of game.... I mean look at Command and Conquer they tried the whole first person shooter and it failed horribly...

but all of blizzards games have been the same game play different worlds...

and what ever happened to Ghost???

Sarcraft was in beta for like 2.5yrs before it finally hit full... even then it was patch after patch...

Ghost is still in production as we speak...they have that on the webpage as well.....http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/

and what do you mean about Command and Conquer that was made by Electronic Arts

and hey Starcraft again was one of the best games ever they are still have Tourneys for that game...Japan just had a massive one for it winner took home like 100,00 bucks!!! nuts

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Bite Me!!!

omg dude... okay they are made by different companies but they are the same type of game... same idea just different scenerio...

it will be hit and miss..... looks cool... but it will not blow it out of the water because FFXI and Warcraft will be on two different levels....
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

Blizzard > *

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Long Live T.S.

I am not try to aruge man..or piss anyone off at all...
I know how FF is a great game dont get me wrong I was a beta tester for it..
how do you think WoW and FF will be on two different levels?

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 01:53 AM

WoW looks too static. It lacks anything defining in my eyes. I could just play a hero map on WCIII.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 02:02 AM
Lifer

im waiting for world of warcraft. want to play ffX1 but i dont wanna spend money on two, so ill pick one at some point
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 01:20 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

You asses aren't on Cerberus!

If you're not too high level, get your ass to my server I'll supply the WorldPass(es).

I hear you can petition a GM to do a wold shift on you, but I dunno what the circumstances have to be, nor do I know if you get to keep your equipment, levels, quests, missions, items, money, etc... But that could be something to look into.

If I wasn't lvl 45 Samurai, with countless quests, Rank 5, and a damn good linkshell we started ... I'd switch. If you're under lvl 30, with no advanced job ... come on over You can get back to that level in no time

And WoW looks retarded. I'm sure gameplay will be fine, but the watercolor cartoony look bothers me. It doesn't LOOK like a Warcraft game. It wouldn't bother me so much, if it wasn't based on Warcraft ... I mean, if you're going to make an MMORPG based on a currently existing franchise ... you should at least attempt to make that MMORPG resemble the franchise.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 07:47 PM

I've played FFXI, didn't like it, I played SWG, burned myself out.
I'm currently waiting for MEO...
Middle Earth Online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement