Final piece of the puzzle - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Question Final piece of the puzzle

Ok. I'm trying to install Medal Of Honor Allied Assault, (not on PC)
and I get this.... Now, like I said it's not on my pc, and regardless which option I choose, it goes through its thing, but nothing happens. It's in the registry, but everytime I delete the key, it shows back up. What am I missing? God damn I hate this computer shit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

anybody?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Timmay

you must be missing something.. a registry key of some sort.. and those are a bitch to hunt down. What exactly do you mean when it says 'it goes through it's thing'. do you mean that it copies all of the files to your computer but doesn't seem to install?? if that makes sense.. explain a bit more in detail..

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Tim
you must be missing something.. a registry key of some sort.. and those are a bitch to hunt down. What exactly do you mean when it says 'it goes through it's thing'. do you mean that it copies all of the files to your computer but doesn't seem to install?? if that makes sense.. explain a bit more in detail..

Ok, I'll try to explain this the best I can. First I get the message I posted. Then whichever option I choose, it does that scroll bar from 0% to 100%, then it says finished. so I assume that it copies the files to install or repair the game installation. But it does not.

I have a EA games folder in my start > programs (bottom left corner) but that's it, no MOH:AA

But there is nothing in my C drive for this game. But what bothers me is that when I click the uninstall option, it uninstalls, but when I re-insert the game, I get this prompt box. Still. This game is one of my favorite online games which makes this more frustruating for me. It has to be something missing in the registry.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverOH3SVT

Ok, I'll try to explain this the best I can. First I get the message I posted. Then whichever option I choose, it does that scroll bar from 0% to 100%, then it says finished. so I assume that it copies the files to install or repair the game installation. But it does not.

I have a EA games folder in my start > programs (bottom left corner) but that's it, no MOH:AA

But there is nothing in my C drive for this game. But what bothers me is that when I click the uninstall option, it uninstalls, but when I re-insert the game, I get this prompt box. Still. This game is one of my favorite online games which makes this more frustruating for me. It has to be something missing in the registry.
EA games has always had install issues with some of there games... my wife plays the sims... and ocassionally when the stuff starts jacking up.. she has to download an easer from EA to clean the registry.. then reinstalling all the sims games will work...

Might want to check and see if EA has registry celaner for MOH
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
EA games has always had install issues with some of there games... my wife plays the sims... and ocassionally when the stuff starts jacking up.. she has to download an easer from EA to clean the registry.. then reinstalling all the sims games will work...

I'm definatley going to try that. Thanks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang

It worked! There was a registry walkthrough. Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement