Final piece of the puzzle - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Question Final piece of the puzzle

Ok. I'm trying to install Medal Of Honor Allied Assault, (not on PC)
and I get this.... Now, like I said it's not on my pc, and regardless which option I choose, it goes through its thing, but nothing happens. It's in the registry, but everytime I delete the key, it shows back up. What am I missing? God damn I hate this computer shit!
Osiris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
anybody?
Osiris is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Timmay
 
Tiny Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,898
you must be missing something.. a registry key of some sort.. and those are a bitch to hunt down. What exactly do you mean when it says 'it goes through it's thing'. do you mean that it copies all of the files to your computer but doesn't seem to install?? if that makes sense.. explain a bit more in detail..
Tiny Tim is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Tim
you must be missing something.. a registry key of some sort.. and those are a bitch to hunt down. What exactly do you mean when it says 'it goes through it's thing'. do you mean that it copies all of the files to your computer but doesn't seem to install?? if that makes sense.. explain a bit more in detail..
.


Ok, I'll try to explain this the best I can. First I get the message I posted. Then whichever option I choose, it does that scroll bar from 0% to 100%, then it says finished. so I assume that it copies the files to install or repair the game installation. But it does not.

I have a EA games folder in my start > programs (bottom left corner) but that's it, no MOH:AA

But there is nothing in my C drive for this game. But what bothers me is that when I click the uninstall option, it uninstalls, but when I re-insert the game, I get this prompt box. Still. This game is one of my favorite online games which makes this more frustruating for me. It has to be something missing in the registry.
Osiris is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 05:47 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverOH3SVT
.


Ok, I'll try to explain this the best I can. First I get the message I posted. Then whichever option I choose, it does that scroll bar from 0% to 100%, then it says finished. so I assume that it copies the files to install or repair the game installation. But it does not.

I have a EA games folder in my start > programs (bottom left corner) but that's it, no MOH:AA

But there is nothing in my C drive for this game. But what bothers me is that when I click the uninstall option, it uninstalls, but when I re-insert the game, I get this prompt box. Still. This game is one of my favorite online games which makes this more frustruating for me. It has to be something missing in the registry.
EA games has always had install issues with some of there games... my wife plays the sims... and ocassionally when the stuff starts jacking up.. she has to download an easer from EA to clean the registry.. then reinstalling all the sims games will work...

Might want to check and see if EA has registry celaner for MOH
trey85stang is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
EA games has always had install issues with some of there games... my wife plays the sims... and ocassionally when the stuff starts jacking up.. she has to download an easer from EA to clean the registry.. then reinstalling all the sims games will work...

Might want to check and see if EA has registry celaner for MOH
I'm definatley going to try that. Thanks
Osiris is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
11-05-09
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oh- sai- rus.
Posts: 21,428
Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
EA games has always had install issues with some of there games... my wife plays the sims... and ocassionally when the stuff starts jacking up.. she has to download an easer from EA to clean the registry.. then reinstalling all the sims games will work...

Might want to check and see if EA has registry celaner for MOH

It worked! There was a registry walkthrough. Thanks !
Osiris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome