Problem with cursor - due to wireless/optical mouse? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Problem with cursor - due to wireless/optical mouse?

I've got a Logitech wireless optical mouse and for whatever reason, the cursor will all of a sudden jump to the top left hand corner of the screen. It's not too totally annoying...UNTIL I'm in the middle of a game and lose a life or whatever because the cursor just jumps off to the corner. There's really no way to predict when it will happen. It just does. Anyone ever have this happen? I use the mouse on the surface that my keyboard rests on. Think using a mousepad might make any difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Timmay

does it happen all of the time or is it just recent? you might want to move the receiver closer to the mouse. That is when I would notice that the cursor would jump. Either that or replace the batteries.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Batteries are fresh duracells. It's been happening for about a year now...for as long as I've owned the mouse. The mouse sits about a foot and a half from the receiver, so I don't think that's the problem. And the mouse works pretty accurate during the times that I've used it 4 or 5 feet away.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 02:08 PM

i had an optical mouse that did that crap... it was intelli mouse... if barly lifted the mouse off whatever it was touching it would defualt to the upper right hand corner.. i trashed it for a cheap compusa generic ps2 optical mouse.. and never had the problem again.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Rolling with the homies

Have you tried to install new drivers or remove and reinstall the old ones? Just a thought.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 05:23 PM
98 SVT Cobra

You may also want to try to reset both the mouse and the receiver. There should be a little button on each labled "Connect".

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement